The Ruid Concept, with question

The Ruid Concept

Not Spam (no link, no website, no book, no speech, no nothing like
that)

Is Ruby (written 100% in ruby, uses Ruby goodness, uses Ruby dynamic
OO to the max)

Is also CONCEPT – (but is also 100% implemented)

Is this an appropriate Bored for such a thing?

If not please explain and this is last message
If true then please continue

There are 8 parts. Each part not trivial, but bigger than a
breadbox

One part is the Ru’id.

The Ru’id “defines” all the other parts.

(Rather as an aircraft defines an Aircraft Carrier)

The “ru’id” explains much of the HOW

The “Ru’id_Reader” is where the real CONCEPT lives.

So we try talking of the Ruid Reader functions.

There are the simple and obvious (but obviously not obvious) ones:

1.Manage many “ruid casings”
A support “Drill-Down” (3 levels)
B generate reports (or worksheets is better)
2.Project (by way of simple Categorization ) something like a
DashBoard

The above is useful and given that the Ru’ids can be “generated” from
any_where, any_time, any_expert

this is a “closed” system of some interesting potential.

NOW we get could begin to get even more interesting…
but if we cannot get past this, going forward to “RuidCastings” /
RuidImages by way of statistical means would also be entirely futile.

QUESTION

Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??

An appropriate topic for this is something that we can discuss that is
related to the use of the Ruby programming language.

As no one has the faintest idea about what you are talking about then
there
is nothing that we can discuss.

Other than your attention whoring but that has nothing to do with Ruby
either.

On Apr 9, 2010, at 8:55 AM, thunk wrote:

The Ruid Concept

[snip]

QUESTION

Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??

This is appropriate, but you will have to provide a bit of code for
replies to mean anything. If you have a design question, then show the
code that implements the design. If your code has “issues” then show
the snippet that seems to be causing problems.

Cheers–

Charles

Charles J.
Vanderbilt Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Office: 615-343-2776
Cell: 615-478-5743

Charles,

100% of the code is on the table to be available to a trusted party.

no fees (maybe expenses) IF the right party! but with ND.

there are real reasons why this should be so. The author sees a
legitimate
reason for some central control or chaos would reign.

another reason is that the author is not interested in working at a
“Ruid Central GitHub”

and there are more reasons!

On Apr 9, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Intransition wrote:

Then you have answered your own question. There is nothing to discuss.

I am under the impression, having actually spoken to the man himself,
that he understands that ruby-talk is code focussed, and that high-
level design discussions without code being exhibited are not likely
to be very helpful here. He is looking for assistance with his
project, but at the moment he is not willing to open source it; he
understands (I think) that someone here might be willing to help, but
that discussions of that should be done elsewhere.

~Charles~

Charles J.
Vanderbilt Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Office: 615-343-2776
Cell: 615-478-5743

Charles J. wrote:

He is looking for assistance with his
project, but at the moment he is not willing to open source it; he
understands (I think) that someone here might be willing to help, but
that discussions of that should be done elsewhere.

~Charles~

Last chance.
I have created http://trevoke.net/ruids and emailed thunk the admin
username/password.

Hopefully, a proper conversation the way thunk wants it can happen
there.

On Apr 9, 10:15 am, thunk [email protected] wrote:

another reason is that the author is not interested in working at a
“Ruid Central GitHub”

and there are more reasons!

Then you have answered your own question. There is nothing to discuss.

On 4/9/10, Charles J. [email protected] wrote:

I am under the impression, having actually spoken to the man himself,
that he understands that ruby-talk is code focussed, and that high-
level design discussions without code being exhibited are not likely
to be very helpful here. He is looking for assistance with his
project, but at the moment he is not willing to open source it; he
understands (I think) that someone here might be willing to help, but
that discussions of that should be done elsewhere.

For my part, discussions of just a design, with no code, would be
fine, provided some reasonably comprehensible description of that
design is forthcoming. So far, that has not happened. I have provided
thunk with some (hopefully constructive) criticisms of what his
writings and suggestions of how to improve them. But it doesn’t seem
to have done any good. He seems to be one of those people who, when
someone says something he does not want to hear, it goes in one ear
and right out the other.

On Apr 9, 10:05 am, Intransition [email protected] wrote:

reason for some central control or chaos would reign.

another reason is that the author is not interested in working at a
“Ruid Central GitHub”

and there are more reasons!

Then you have answered your own question. There is nothing to discuss.

Oh did he?

thunk slept with Valerian last night
(attributed to Hippocrates circa 425 BC btw)

and has revved down from 10k to 8k or so. Carbon blown out, and
feeling more like “real work” all the time.

he blasted out 4 topics that dance around this camp fire.

and one thing all can appreciate is this: making 3 years of work
available to all including those eying his secret market - is NOT-
REVERSIBLE - it is not like one can say, ahh, whoops, you guys are not
on my page and i’m not on your page and so on. it is done, and the
COMMERCIAL folks like MiniTab and Mathematica could say “Thunky ol’
chap, why should we talk to you, when everything you’ve done is like
everywhere and anywhere on the web already” and we can chat it up with
folks that know more about AI than you do??

so it is just not as simple as some might like it to be. maybe it is,
but the thought of a Free DEMO (see last 40 posts - not new thought)
seems like a better compromise as best ol’ thunk can understand.

and all this campfire stuff has been blasted into text at full on
thunk speed but maybe it will make sense. maybe not BUT IT SEEMS LIKE
A FAIR PLACE TO START IF THERE IS A START TO BE HAD.

and Thunk does love Ruby and would like to share. I’m not sure why
else he would be here really.

thunk
http://trevoke.net/ruids/

(thanks for this site / and it will be kept off line / if folks have
questions they will be carefully considered.)

Please, if you have a concrete, specific question about Ruby, by all
means post it.

Vague talk about unknown things just does not make any sense. Not
questioning the openness of the software, that is your choice, just
saying there’s nothing concrete to discuss and thus I believe this
thread should stop.

On Apr 10, 5:39 am, Xavier N. removed_e[email protected] wrote:

Please, if you have a concrete, specific question about Ruby, by all
means post it.

Vague talk about unknown things just does not make any sense. Not
questioning the openness of the software, that is your choice, just
saying there’s nothing concrete to discuss and thus I believe this
thread should stop.

Thunk has been programming in Ruby for 3 years. The Pick Ax book and
an occasional guru talk with a certain “Amazing Ramazian” has answered
all his questions so far. Really, and so there is this concentrated
set now of 8 modules of condensed Ruby Goodness THAT HAS GENERAL
UTILITY. 'AMAZING" general utility in the view of a man that has
programmed for over 30 years and has never failed to finish a project
he starts. and a man that Loves Ruby.

He’s sees this GENERAL UTILITY as few beginner programmers may be able
to because he “has been there, and done a lot of THAT”. dON’T get him
started but there are folks that were SHOT in Mexico, there are
partners that cheated, there are is some history of PHDs from Hong
Kong that then worked for MS, there is a junior programmer that is now
in charge of IT for Mitutoyo. There are Who’s Who professors…
yup, and software that collected QUALITY data all over the world, no
kidding, programming was not invented in 2000 or something kids.

IT WORKS, if I was asking questions I would be faking, and i would
not do that.

I’m frustrated that some folks still want to believe that i’m an
idiot, and that there is even a guy that has taken time to drag up
really strange things from a Snow Shoe trip, and ready to ignore all
the rest - how strange is that.

Anyway BOTTOM.BOTTOM.BOTTOM.LINE

has been putting his “stuff” out at
http://trevoke.net/ruids/

and it is really general and all but it is where he is living, and
where it goes or what it becomes is up to you folks. as is, it looks
like that might be the end of it. And you guys can all play
RubyWarrior and wink yourselves off.

OK, this seems to be generated text.

Xavior,

PS Ol’ thunk thinks he sees a “OUTLIER” situation here, folks are
connecting the WRONG dots…

and he will tell anybody that he thinks RUBY has let him do things he
really did not even expect to be able to do.

RUBY has opened barriers of old…

RUBY is the reason Thunk thought this might be an appropriate place to
talk about all this.

Honestly

not to insult folks but here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier

and again…it seems fair to include this, as there is no SPAM as the
author can understand it anywhere. NOTHING! but chats about this
whole thing.

http://trevoke.net/ruids/

On 2010-04-10, andrew mcelroy [email protected] wrote:

[thunk]

there are real reasons why this should be so. The author sees a
legitimate
reason for some central control or chaos would reign.

Okay, yeah, this guy is mentally unwell.

Thunk, if you were for real, you would know that you would have complete
control over YOUR BRANCH. Which is all that matters. It doesn’t matter
if other people want to fork or not; what matters is that you
demonstrate,
or explain, anything. But you can’t, because you don’t have anything.
Nothing exists. There’s just a bunch of fleeting thoughts which capture
your attention so strongly that you have to talk about them, but they’ve
never turned into anything which has a real, functional, form.

Please see a mental health professional.

-s

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM, thunk [email protected] wrote:

Charles,

100% of the code is on the table to be available to a trusted party.

no fees (maybe expenses) IF the right party! but with ND.

BOLLOCKS! I gave you a non disclosure signed. We even talked about it
on the phone.
I won’t do a in person meet up just for a code drop because that’s
INSANE!
I gave you a signed ND so don’t pull that line on us.

The only thing we have here is a textbook case for how badly broken
health care is in the USA.
This list is for ruby programming. Your a smart guy so I don’t get
why this is so hard to understand.

I am very rarely this annoyed, but the truth had to be told. I
apologize if my language offended anyone.

Andrew McElroy

Andrew McElroy

Was confident enough to announce to this group what he thought this
was, right?

On his side there were kids needing piano lessons, and a SawsAll. On
my side, I was in total awe of his understanding of all this and he
told me about Python and functions and Google and I made a lot of
notes in a 15/20 minute conversation which… made sense to me.

I was ready to drive to Hendersonville to meet him, as, yes, I rather
old fashioned about who I trust.

Given the way he is framing things that decision, in retrospect, seems
like it makes sense. Or?

Thunk

Seebs wrote:

On 2010-04-10, andrew mcelroy [email protected] wrote:

[thunk]

there are real reasons why this should be so. � The author sees a
legitimate
reason for some central control or chaos would reign.

Okay, yeah, this guy is mentally unwell.

Wow, I find it funny that Think speaks in third person.

Thunk, IF you are real then you could alwys just send code snippets,
with out revealing all your ‘secrets’.

But, I don’t quite think you’ll listen to my (or anyone’s for that
matter) opinion.

I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.

On Apr 10, 12:36 pm, Seebs [email protected] wrote:

control over YOUR BRANCH. Which is all that matters. It doesn’t matter
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter S. / [email protected]://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
Funny you should mention this. Four years ago I was “certified” to be
not crazy. And how many of you can say that :wink: -

No, it is about enjoying the visual and understanding how our minds
can work with us and how THEY ARE NOT MACHINES whether we feel like
they should be or not. And given a background in Blue Sky research
(R&D Kimberly Clark) and a few such things the author enjoys working
with and not against the deeper powers. Walked past a book titled
something we are all capable of greater things (it wasn’t that low
key, but I don’t want to make this sound too…)

BUT in MY day - StepWise was the thing. And I will always try to go
to bed with a problem, because I know that 90% plus chance I will wake
up with the solution “handed to me” - if you guys really don’t believe
this happens, well, I feel sorry for you because you are missing
something I have enjoyed and found to be a productivity enhancer to
the first order. It might explain why I ENJOY programming - it has
never been work.

As for not existing, well, wanna bet?? I’m serious, anybody really
smug and sure enough to take on bet about this stuff??? It exists,
and it is doing work of a modest sort - but I cannot think why cannot
do much more.

And that’s just 100% the truth.

Thunk

On 2010-04-10, H- 16 [email protected] wrote:

I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.

Usenet does not have “IP bans”. Under the hood, there is a Usenet
newsgroup
here, and anyone and anything can post to that.

-s

Seebs wrote:

On 2010-04-10, H- 16 [email protected] wrote:

I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.

Usenet does not have “IP bans”. Under the hood, there is a Usenet
newsgroup
here, and anyone and anything can post to that.

-s

Ahh, okay, thanks for the clarifacation.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs