I’d like to propsoe that the RubyOnRails mailing list forks into three
- The list is getting swamped with traffic, making it hard to use and
even harder to follow.
- Many, many messages get lost, with no reply.
- Due to the overwhelming traffic, it’s hard for beginners to get the
help that they need, since their messages get lost in the shuffle, and
it’s hard for advanced users to work together, for the same reason.
Fork the list into three new lists:
- Rails-Beginners. For questions and answers on how to use Rails. No
“read the docs, fool!” here.
- Rails-Users. For users who are already proficient, and want to discuss
particular topics. Example topics include application design advice,
optimization, security, plug ins, and best practices.
- Rails-Hackers. For people writing extensions and plug ins to rails.
Things like localization, selenium integration, acts_as_*, and the like.