New wiki

I’ve gone ahead and redirected http://wiki.codemongers.com to
http://www.nginx-community.org.

The old wiki is still available at http://oldwiki.nginx-community.org in
case there’s anything there we still need to migrate.

If anyone has any issues, please contact me.

Regards,
Cliff

The try_files directive needs an entry and some examples asap - I’d do
it myself but I’m unsure how it works!

Cliff W. wrote:

I’ve gone ahead and redirected http://wiki.codemongers.com to
http://www.nginx-community.org.

The old wiki is still available at http://oldwiki.nginx-community.org in
case there’s anything there we still need to migrate.

If anyone has any issues, please contact me.

Regards,
Cliff

Phillip B Oldham
The Activity People
[email protected] mailto:[email protected]


Policies

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named
recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action
should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is
not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to
ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must
advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should
ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and
observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 09:58 +0000, Phillip B Oldham wrote:

The try_files directive needs an entry and some examples asap - I’d do
it myself but I’m unsure how it works!

I just wrote this based on conversations on this list. I haven’t tried
it myself.

http://www.nginx-community.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#try_files

Regards,
Cliff

Hello!

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:50:04AM -0700, Cliff W. wrote:

I’ve gone ahead and redirected http://wiki.codemongers.com to
http://www.nginx-community.org.

The old wiki is still available at http://oldwiki.nginx-community.org in
case there’s anything there we still need to migrate.

If anyone has any issues, please contact me.

I see the following javascript error on the new wiki:

Error: wgBreakFrames is not defined
Source File:
http://www.nginx-community.org/skins/common/wikibits.js
Line: 99

It should be trivial to fix.

Also there are several css parsing errors reported by FF in error
console, looks like just typos.

Maxim D.

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 14:41 +0300, Maxim D. wrote:

If anyone has any issues, please contact me.

I see the following javascript error on the new wiki:

Error: wgBreakFrames is not defined
Source File:
http://www.nginx-community.org/skins/common/wikibits.js
Line: 99

It should be trivial to fix.

It was.

Also there are several css parsing errors reported by FF in error
console, looks like just typos.

Yep, a stray close-comment in one place and a missing open-comment in
another.

I still get a couple of warnings from the CSS validator, but I think
they are generated by MediaWiki trying to do clever stuff with JS
filenames.

Thanks!

Hi Cliff,

-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff W. [mailto:cliff-
[email protected]]
Posted At: Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:50 AM
Posted To: gmane.comp.web.nginx.english
Conversation: New wiki
Subject: New wiki

I’ve gone ahead and redirected http://wiki.codemongers.com to
http://www.nginx-community.org.

Thanks for the update.

Hello!

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 04:59:41AM -0700, Cliff W. wrote:

[…]

Also there are several css parsing errors reported by FF in error
console, looks like just typos.

Yep, a stray close-comment in one place and a missing open-comment in
another.

I still get a couple of warnings from the CSS validator, but I think
they are generated by MediaWiki trying to do clever stuff with JS
filenames.

Now header and footer looks garbled in IE7. It was ok before
recent changes.

Maxim D.

I’ve offered to make one. I’ll get it going. Category ideas?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Thanks, this is nice, but why no forums? Seems to me some of the
mailing list stuff might be better served in forums.

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 16:33 +0300, Maxim D. wrote:

Now header and footer looks garbled in IE7. It was ok before
recent changes.

Okay should be fixed now. I ended up removing the doctype and
rearranging the top menubar as a table. It was either that or just
redirect all IE users to a modern browser download.

God, I hate IE :stuck_out_tongue:

Cliff

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 10:43 -0700, Chris Cortese wrote:

Thanks, this is nice, but why no forums? Seems to me some of the
mailing list stuff might be better served in forums.

I’ve considered this. My biggest concern is splintering the community.
If people find a forum, they may never find their way here (and vice
versa). The more people in one spot, the more likely someone will get
their questions answered.

The solution, of course, is to cross-post between the forum and mailing
list, but that brings it’s own issues (as we’ve seen with the crap that
comes in from the ruby forum that is linked here).

If someone has a bright idea on how to address that, I’d be happy to add
a forum to the mix.

Cliff

Well right now ruby-forum has the cross-merging.

also, Phorum has email list-to-forum mapping I believe. Even NNTP
support, I believe…

So then everyone could see every message from every source.

What we don’t want to get into is Sun’s style. their forum/list
integration is laggy and kinda funky.

Igor, would you be willing to donate nginx.org (or wiki.nginx.org,
forums.nginx.org or forum.nginx.org) etc. towards this?

nginx-community.org is kinda long… I’d be willing to help with any
upkeep. I know you own nginx.com and nginx.net already, I understand
if you don’t want to give up full nginx.org, but it would be neat to
have nginx.org/wiki nginx.org/forums etc.

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 12:41 -0700, mike wrote:

Igor, would you be willing to donate nginx.org (or wiki.nginx.org,
forums.nginx.org or forum.nginx.org) etc. towards this?

I think wiki.nginx.org and forums.nginx.org subdomains would be
useful.

Regards,
Cliff

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:04:22PM -0700, Cliff W. wrote:

list, but that brings it’s own issues (as we’ve seen with the crap that
comes in from the ruby forum that is linked here).

If someone has a bright idea on how to address that, I’d be happy to add
a forum to the mix.

I understand that many people are used to use forums. However, I
personally
do not like them. Is it possible in forum to see all unread or marked
messages ? But the most uncomfortable forum thing for me is the
forum/browser
editor to post messages. I’m used to edit in vim.

I think that cross-posting will be the best solution.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:41:31PM -0700, mike wrote:

Igor, would you be willing to donate nginx.org (or wiki.nginx.org,
forums.nginx.org or forum.nginx.org) etc. towards this?

nginx-community.org is kinda long… I’d be willing to help with any
upkeep. I know you own nginx.com and nginx.net already, I understand
if you don’t want to give up full nginx.org, but it would be neat to
have nginx.org/wiki nginx.org/forums etc.

Yes, I can point nginx.org or wiki.nginx.org/etc. to these IPs, if Cliff
likes this. However, I want to continue to own the domain itself.

Cliff: Any particular reason you prefer this other than nginx.org/wiki/
etc ?

Yes, Igor, you would maintain ownership of the domain. We wouldn’t
want you to ever lose your baby :slight_smile:

Can you point forum.nginx.org to 67.213.222.44?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:54:40PM -0700, Cliff W. wrote:

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 12:41 -0700, mike wrote:

Igor, would you be willing to donate nginx.org (or wiki.nginx.org,
forums.nginx.org or forum.nginx.org) etc. towards this?

I think wiki.nginx.org and forums.nginx.org subdomains would be
useful.

Well, I can point wiki.nginx.org to 69.168.53.49 right now. OK ?

Igor,

It is easy with vBulletin to see all unread posts. There is a menu item
at
top for that. You can also subscribe to threads that interest you, and
unsubscribe from those that don’t.

With vBulletin it is easy to subscribe the list to new posts but
presently
no mod for putting them back in. So when a new post was made it would
come
to the list, but answers would need to be made in the forum. If someone
wants to write such a mod, I would be willing to contribute to the cost.

There is a quick entry box in which you can enter plain text if you
wish. No
need for anything fancy.

Would you be willing to give it a try?

Jim

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs