MIDASWAD - Matz is Dumb and so We are Dumb

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 07:34:46 PM Ilias L. wrote:

Please note that although I send my messages additionally to ruby-
talk, I do not read the ruby-talk list but only the comp.lang.ruby
usenet group.

So you can write freely on ruby-talk, in your small “club”, without
expecting any reply.

In other words, if James’ goal had been to make Ilias go away, he
succeeded.
Huh.

ruby-talk, puppies, which need protection of a censoring instance

comp.lang.ruby, professionals, which know how to setup a filter

Very tempted to go over there to prove a point, but unfortunately, I do
have a
life.

Whoever sees this abrupt interruption of service and does not react,
is essentially part of this first step towards censorship.

Really? If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem?

It’s profoundly ironic hearing this from Ilias. Ilias, who has mentioned
anti-
defamation laws and threatened to sue people in an attempt to get people
stop saying mean things about him, is now complaining about censorship?

Poor puppy.

On 20 , 22:21, Ilias L. [email protected] wrote:

An example:

If Mr. Matsumoto applies “Design by Egoism”, then he is “Dumb” (in
context of language-design, not as an individual of course).
[…]

One of the most important things:

If one sees in those writings disrespect or even an insult, then he
most possibly don’t know about Sincere Respect.

development is about analysing and abstracting things.

If you like to confirm my sayings, but you don’t want to do it
publicly, please feel free to contact me with private email.

Exactly 0 (zero) people have contacted me.

.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Ilias L. [email protected]
wrote:

4% of gated Usenet traffic. You’re welcome."https://twitter.com/#!/
JEG2/status/83267057872932864

The real rational was the one given, by me, in the announcement.
Forcing you to post from a place where you can be banned was a perk
that may have sped up the process.

Shutting it down, instead of make an announcement “will shutdown in x
weeks, looking for new maintainer”.

No replacement is needed or desired. That’s why I didn’t call for one.

You need to stop speaking for me, or I may need to consider legal
retaliation. (This is a joke, unless your name is Ilias.)

And all this when I start to “get hands on the C-core”. A serious
code-
level task.

Read the above. Read the title of this thread. Feel free to laugh.
Out loud. I did. A lot.

James Edward G. II

P.S. I promise to stop poking the troll with sticks after this message.

2011/6/26 Ilias L. [email protected]:

If you like to confirm my sayings, but you don’t want to do it
publicly, please feel free to contact me with private email.

Exactly 0 (zero) people have contacted me.

Could you please stop repeating “Exactly 0 (zero) people have
contacted me” in every mail thread? You are not a new Messiash and you
will get no people involved in your paranoid obsession to make “the
perfect language”. Nobody will waste his time helping you to “fix”
such subjective issues that nobody cares.

Please, get a professional life and you’ll realize that it’s not good
to waste more than 5000 words complaining about the length of
“require_relative” method name.

Nikolai W. wrote in post #1006560:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 23:08, Sam D. [email protected] wrote:

Five posts in on this thread, and four of them are the self appointed list
police saying don’t post in this thread. Ilias vs Lord of the Flies.

I agree. I’d much rather read another one of Ilias tirades than
another “please don’t feed the troll” post.

I just wanted to agree with this.

I have a few more points to add, too.

Sometimes a person has a lot of anger, and post some things that seem
crazy to many others. It is part of life. They were born that way. It is
best if you can notice they a little off and not put too much technical
significance in their work. This much can probably be agreed. It is an
opportunity to consider how you feel about community.

In my case it to realize that Matz is nice, and that is… nice. For me
even if I don’t post, it is nice.

However, insisting that they not post to a mailing list is bullying
behavior.

Complaining when others talk to them is to seek to control something
that is darn well none of your business, and is bullying and even a step
beyond.

And calling them out for public ridicule is disgusting, and it is
definitely Lord of the Flies. The idea some had that simply pointing
that out makes you also like Lord of the Flies is bizarre! It is the
meanness and trying to join together like a wild gang to force somebody
out even when it is not your decision, with no concept of social norms,
that is what Lord of the Flies implies.

It seems like it should go without saying that any post claiming to be
well intentioned should be accepted, unless it is clearly abusive. Not
liking the author should never be grounds to exclude a post, or even to
attempt to exclude a post.

Because it is not nice to try to exclude people.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:08:29AM +0900, Paris S. wrote:

Nikolai W. wrote in post #1006560:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 23:08, Sam D. [email protected] wrote:

Five posts in on this thread, and four of them are the self appointed list
police saying don’t post in this thread. Ilias vs Lord of the Flies.

I agree. I’d much rather read another one of Ilias tirades than
another “please don’t feed the troll” post.

I just wanted to agree with this.

Are you aware that you resurrected a discussion from almost half a year
ago to say that? Let sleeping dogs lie if you really want it to stop.

However, insisting that they not post to a mailing list is bullying
behavior.

Complaining when others talk to them is to seek to control something
that is darn well none of your business, and is bullying and even a step
beyond.

I don’t think it was intended as bullying. I think it was intended as
advice.

And calling them out for public ridicule is disgusting, and it is
definitely Lord of the Flies. The idea some had that simply pointing
that out makes you also like Lord of the Flies is bizarre! It is the
meanness and trying to join together like a wild gang to force somebody
out even when it is not your decision, with no concept of social norms,
that is what Lord of the Flies implies.

I think you missed the point of Lord of the Flies. It was about the
innate potential for savagery in people, lurking just beneath the
surface
of our civilization, and how this can lead to the development of harmful
social norms. It is not, as you imply, about the violation of social
norms.

It seems like it should go without saying that any post claiming to be
well intentioned should be accepted, unless it is clearly abusive. Not
liking the author should never be grounds to exclude a post, or even to
attempt to exclude a post.

Because it is not nice to try to exclude people.

How would you suggest dealing with people who go out of their way to be
destructive influence on an otherwise relatively harmonious group?

I have no idea why you replied to a (already painful) thread that has
been dead and gone for 5 months…

On Nov 14, 2011, at 10:08 , Paris S. wrote:

Because it is not nice to try to exclude people.

Google “Geek Social Fallacies”.

The biggest problem with Ilias L. is that his suggestions to
improve Ruby are not meant to be honest in ANY way whatsoever.

The biggest problem with Ilias L. is that his suggestions to
improve
Ruby are not meant to be honest in ANY way whatsoever.

Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu’ IMAP, POP3 e
SMTP autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio al 4,20%. Soldi sempre disponibili, zero spese, aprilo in
due minuti!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid920&d)-12