Hi all!

Hi! I hate america!
All americans must die

On Jan 15, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Mustapha! wrote:

All americans must die

So true, my friend, yet does that not give our journey through this
life all the more value?

It’s like Poison said back in the 80s: “Don’t know what you’ve got
until it’s gone.”

You and Poison, great philosophers both.

xoxo,
Andy

Actually that was Cinderella. Just to correct the cheese rock name
drop.

Andy L. wrote:

It’s like Poison said back in the 80s: “Don’t know what you’ve got
until it’s gone.”

s/Poison/Joni Mitchell/g
s/80s/60s/g

2007/1/15, Mustapha! [email protected]:

Hi! I hate america!
All americans must die

So must you - inevitably.

robert

On Jan 15, 2007, at 3:47 PM, matt wrote:

Well I hate to be the one to point it
out, but if its off-topic and not Rails related, ITS SPAM! I joined
this list for Rails. I expect a small amount of spam, but not
contributed by the Rails community.

I think you’re confusing Ruby and Rails.

I guess this officially makes me a spammer.

I guess the difference is treating the subject with humor vs. anger.

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 06:38 +0900, Robert K. wrote:

2007/1/15, Mustapha! [email protected]:

Hi! I hate america!
All americans must die

So must you - inevitably.

robert

Somewhere, isn’t there a FAQ (or how about commonsense) that suggests
that responding to these types of emails only fuels the non-sense? How
about all those chains of emails that that are protesting against spam,
and how it MUST be eradicated. Well I hate to be the one to point it
out, but if its off-topic and not Rails related, ITS SPAM! I joined
this list for Rails. I expect a small amount of spam, but not
contributed by the Rails community.

I guess this officially makes me a spammer.

Quoting Robert K. [email protected]:

Hi! I hate america!
All americans must die

So must you - inevitably.

The overall odds of dying are 1 in 1. That’s an actual statistic.

On 1/15/07, matt [email protected] wrote:

Somewhere, isn’t there a FAQ (or how about commonsense) that suggests
that responding to these types of emails only fuels the non-sense? How
about all those chains of emails that that are protesting against spam,
and how it MUST be eradicated. Well I hate to be the one to point it
out, but if its off-topic and not Rails related, ITS SPAM! I joined
this list for Rails. I expect a small amount of spam, but not
contributed by the Rails community.

I guess this officially makes me a spammer.

and, off topic, since this is ruby-talk, not the rails-talk list. ;^)

On Jan 15, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Brad T. wrote:

The overall odds of dying are 1 in 1. That’s an actual statistic.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please read your
prospectus carefully before investing in this or any investment product.

matt wrote:

Well I hate to be the one to point it
out, but if its off-topic and not Rails related, ITS SPAM! I joined
this list for Rails. I expect a small amount of spam, but not
contributed by the Rails community.

I would then suggest that you are perhaps on the wrong list. This list
is for Ruby in general, not just Rails specifically. There is tons of
traffic that is not Rails related, but is certainly not spam. You
probably want the Rails list, which you can subscribe to here:
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails

Tim H. wrote:

Andy L. wrote:

It’s like Poison said back in the 80s: “Don’t know what you’ve got
until it’s gone.”

s/Poison/Joni Mitchell/g
s/80s/60s/g

Ah well, I sort of suspected that Poison was the Joni Mitchel of the
'80s.

(Guilty pleasure:
Go to pandora.com
Create a radio station based on ‘Slade’ and ‘Poison’
Write bouncy, catchy, rockin’ Ruby code

)


James B.

“Take eloquence and wring its neck.”

  • Paul Verlaine

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 07:00 +0900, Karl von Laudermann wrote:

probably want the Rails list, which you can subscribe to here:
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails

Oh you guys are hilarious… How’s that for humor?

Since we’re all wasting each other’s time… I guess I shouldn’t feel
left out…

I mean… we all seem to be very well adept at building this bike
shed… but if we were talking rocket science or a nuclear reactor… it
would be a different story for sure…

Gregory B. wrote:

Posted via forums.bring.out.ba.

I wish we’d avoid these darn forums. :-/

forums.bring.out.the.worst


James B.

“The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion
of knowledge.”

  • D. Boorstin

Posted via forums.bring.out.ba.

I wish we’d avoid these darn forums. :-/

On 1/15/07, Andy L. [email protected] wrote:

On Jan 15, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Brad T. wrote:

The overall odds of dying are 1 in 1. That’s an actual statistic.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please read your
prospectus carefully before investing in this or any investment product.

And furthermore as all people who were born are not dead yet the overall
odds of dying must be slightly smaller than 1 in 1.
However this stupid talking :wink: will not make us live forever!

Andy L. => [email protected] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Robert

On 1/15/07, Brad T. [email protected] wrote:

Quoting Robert K. [email protected]:

Hi! I hate america!
All americans must die

So must you - inevitably.

The overall odds of dying are 1 in 1. That’s an actual statistic.

Actually, so far, it’s about 0.92(± 0.02) in 1. [1]

Eivind.

[1] When I checked, various estimates said between 6 and 10% of the
humans that have ever lived are alive now. These estimates were based
on different methods, sometimes radically different methods, and most
of them hit 7 or 8%, with some outliers.

Yeah, but does that include the walking dead? Or the troglodytes that
have
been anesthetized by TV, conventional media, internet, and fake voting
machine for American elections?

Oh and what about the kids that wear black trench coats wishing they
were
dead? That should factor in too.

I’d like to get more statistics including animal. There ia a squirrel in
front of my house that was hit by a school bus last week and I swear he
chirps at my daughter for peanuts.

Mike

(Guilty pleasure:
Go to pandora.com
Create a radio station based on ‘Slade’ and ‘Poison’
Write bouncy, catchy, rockin’ Ruby code
)

Oh yes - Pandora had to be fodder for the corp fire wall, but it’s not!
:slight_smile:

On 1/16/07, Eivind E. [email protected] wrote:

Actually, so far, it’s about 0.92(± 0.02) in 1. [1]

Eivind.

[1] When I checked, various estimates said between 6 and 10% of the
humans that have ever lived are alive now. These estimates were based
on different methods, sometimes radically different methods, and most
of them hit 7 or 8%, with some outliers.

That is an amazing fact.
Cheers
Robert

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs