Forum: Radiant CMS svn:externals, capistrano and extensions

D9d097cf3cd38b676447899eb698930f?d=identicon&s=25 Loren Johnson (Guest)
Before I go on the long search in my svn book does anyone have any
insight into how to deploy Radiant (mental) as an svn:externals
blended with a few extensions in my own repository?

The goal is simply to not have to strip Radiant of it's own version
control (the ol' "find . -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} \;") as I
do now, but to leave it in it's own world while injecting my own
version controlled extensions... All accessible as one checkout for
my capistrano recipe.

Is this something I gonna be able to accomplish or should I give-up
before trying?

Anybody?

Thanks,

Loren Johnson
www.fn-group.com
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John W. Long (Guest)
Loren Johnson wrote:
> Is this something I gonna be able to accomplish or should I give-up
> before trying?

I'm working on getting this to work before the next release:

% radiant /path/to/your/application
% rake radiant:freeze:edge

This will create a skeletal Radiant application and allow you to run on
"edge" with Radiant in the vendor directory.

It's only partially implemented right now. We are hoping to release
Saturday night.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com

http://radiantcms.org/blog/2007/01/23/how-to-getting-mental/

answers my question.

Thanks once again to Sean for this!

Loren
John W. Long wrote:
> It's only partially implemented right now. We are hoping to release
> Saturday night.

That will be 0.6.0 RC1.

--
John
7f85ce9d3a9ef1e91534fa9e911fccb1?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Salter (Guest)

I've been looking at it for the same/similar purposes as you
describe. Finding good docs is hard tho.

After a while I found this note which can be tailored to fit radiant
pretty easily:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/200...
042679.html

What I was looking for was a way to hack on my own (or clients) copy
of Radiant, but bring the latest changes in as needed. It seems to
work pretty well, you still have to be careful with the merges, but
you don't have to clear the svn info like you described. I was able
to install svk with macports (if you are on a Mac).

Feel free to email me if you need more details,

Cheers,
Adam
A5877d701b5d6af7f990ced46067ca85?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Williams (Guest)
On Feb 3, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Adam Salter wrote:

> Loren,
> You might want to check out svk:
> http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/HomePage

I've found that SVK is the way to go as well. This is just a vouching
type email ;)

  adam williams
Aeaf22d9d8ef478d320be90158bcd39e?d=identicon&s=25 Jamie M. Wilkinson (Guest)
>> Loren,
>> You might want to check out svk:
>> http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/HomePage
>
> I've found that SVK is the way to go as well. This is just a vouching
> type email ;)

p.s: other folks using SVK should also check out Piston as an
excellent workaround for svn:externals. It is also a good replacement
for externals generally, since it speeds up all svn commands and
doesn't lock you into the bleeding edge for projects without tags.

<http://piston.rubyforge.org/usage.html>

-jmw