Forum: Ruby on Rails error: development database is not configured.

Mikki (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 04:51
I've created a database using MySQL Admin and have set the user,
password and have granted the privilgeges. but when I run (under
dev.../trunk/www):
rake migrate --trace, I get the following error msg:

** Invoke migrate (first_time)
** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment  (first_time)
** Execute environment
rake aborted!
development database is not configured
(...followed by the rest of the stuff)

and just so you know- I'm using ruby 1.84 and I've gotten rid of all the
tabs/spaces in my db.yml file.

help !?!
Andrew Raines (Guest)
Mikki wrote:

> development database is not configured
> (...followed by the rest of the stuff)
>
> and just so you know- I'm using ruby 1.84 and I've gotten rid of all the
> tabs/spaces in my db.yml file.
>
> help !?!

If you're on a UNIX-ish machine, post the output of:

  cd /path/to/application
  grep -v password: config/database.yml
  ls -l config/environments

-Drew