Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails dependency issue

Eeb89fac42269931b06cd0c097712376?d=identicon&s=25 corey (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 00:31
I am following this guide,
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rail...,
to install RoR on Mac OS X and screwed up when installing rails.  I
typed:

sudo gem install rails --include dependencies

instead of

sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies

I'm providing a link to the screenshot of what happened:
http://blazebego.com/temp/rails_dependecy.png

and would like to know whether or not the dependencies were actually
installed.  I've tried to run the command again along with gem rails
update --include dependencies and I get a quick "successful installation
of rails" without anything actually being installed.

Gentle, i'm a newb.
D90ef6808433e63203e15a5c2dadb0bb?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Reubenstein (Guest)
You should be good.  Try running:

rails application_name_here

and see if you get a working app.

On 5/18/06, corey <corey@blazebego.com> wrote:

> --

Ben Reubenstein
303-947-0446
http://www.benr75.com
13ea48f056b19349027d2f4a6921a46a?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-François (Guest)
Hello Corey,

Correct URL is : http://blazebego.com/temp/rails_dependency.png

> and would like to know whether or not the dependencies
> were actually installed.  I've tried to run the command again
> along with gem rails update --include dependencies and I get a
> quick "successful installation of rails" without anything actually
> being installed.

Yes, it looks fine. Welcome to Rails !

    -- Jean-François.
Eeb89fac42269931b06cd0c097712376?d=identicon&s=25 corey (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 00:55
thanks Jean-François and Ben

I've been tinkering around a bit w/RoR in Windows and just got the new
iMac intel core duo and am excited to get started.