Forum: Ruby on Rails application.rhtml ignored

B78b4458991fb48b4cc0e9defb488730?d=identicon&s=25 Stan McFarland (Guest)

I'm stuck.  I have an application that's been working fine.  I made some
changes to the database schema and rebuilt my models, ensuring that I
did not overwrite any of the existing controller or view files.  Now,
whenever I display *any* of my pages, the layouts/application.rhtml file
is completely ignored.  I have *no* idea what's causing this, and
neither do I have any idea what to do from here.  Can anybody offer any
suggestions?

Thanks,

-stan
Stan McFarland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck.  I have an application that's been working fine.  I made some
> changes to the database schema and rebuilt my models, ensuring that I
> did not overwrite any of the existing controller or view files.  Now,
> whenever I display *any* of my pages, the layouts/application.rhtml file
> is completely ignored.  I have *no* idea what's causing this, and
> neither do I have any idea what to do from here.  Can anybody offer any
> suggestions?
Are there any other files in the layouts/ directory?
B78b4458991fb48b4cc0e9defb488730?d=identicon&s=25 Stan McFarland (Guest)
on 2006-05-16 17:47
Alex Young wrote:
> Stan McFarland wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm stuck.  I have an application that's been working fine.  I made some
>> changes to the database schema and rebuilt my models, ensuring that I
>> did not overwrite any of the existing controller or view files.  Now,
>> whenever I display *any* of my pages, the layouts/application.rhtml file
>> is completely ignored.  I have *no* idea what's causing this, and
>> neither do I have any idea what to do from here.  Can anybody offer any
>> suggestions?
> Are there any other files in the layouts/ directory?

D'oh!  Forgot about the class-specific files being created.  Thanks a
bunch.

-stan
Stan McFarland wrote:
>>>is completely ignored.  I have *no* idea what's causing this, and
>>>neither do I have any idea what to do from here.  Can anybody offer any
>>>suggestions?
>>
>>Are there any other files in the layouts/ directory?
>

> D'oh!  Forgot about the class-specific files being created.  Thanks a
> bunch.
No worries :-)