Forum: GNU Radio Modify Makefile.am in howto/src/lib/ to support templates

C369ebbe1655201988e376af57460f23?d=identicon&s=25 Achilleas Anastasopoulos (Guest)
I was wondering if someone can slightly modify the Makefile.am in
howto/src/lib to include support for template expansion,
assuming the files generate_all.py and generate_common.py
(and maybe build_utils_codes.py, build_utils.py)
are present (in a similar way that is done in core/src/lib/general).

Right now, and since I have no idea how to do this,
I am manually running generate_all.py and then
manually adding the generated files into Makefile.am...

Thanks
Achilleas
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:55:07AM -0400, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
wrote:
> Thanks
> Achilleas

Hi Achilleas,

I'd rather not add additional complexity to the howto Makefile.am.
Most folks have trouble enough understanding what's going on without
adding support for machine generated code.

If I were to add it, I'd do it *exactly* as it is done in
gnuradio-core/src/lib/{general,filter}

Redirecting your question, is there something in particular that you
don't understand about src/lib/{general,filter}/Makefile.am?

This is the actual make rule that runs the code generator:

$(GENERATED_H) $(GENERATED_I) $(GENERATED_CC): $(CODE_GENERATOR)
	PYTHONPATH=$(top_srcdir)/src/python srcdir=$(srcdir)
$(srcdir)/generate_all.py

It says that all the generated .h, .i and .cc files are dependent on
everything in $(CODE_GENERATOR), and that if anything in
$(CODE_GENERATOR) is newer than the stuff to the left of the colon, run
generate_all.py to update (generate) them.

CODE_GENERATOR is a list of files that includes the "template files"
*.t, and the code generating scripts themselves generate_*.py.

Did this help?

Eric