Forum: Ruby Verifying SSL with http-access2 on Windows

Ccfe7d097475a32dc3ff78d6fc42c852?d=identicon&s=25 List Recv (lstrecv)
Anyone know how to get http-access2 to verify the SSL Certificate on
Windows?

I can get it to not verify, but I can't seem to get it to use local
certs to verify... I guess I need to install them somewhere and set
some envariable to point to the dir, but I'm not sure which envar or
what to install...
Ccfe7d097475a32dc3ff78d6fc42c852?d=identicon&s=25 List Recv (lstrecv)
Could someone point in the right direction on this?  Or, if my question
is unintelligble for some reason, let me know why?
Ccfe7d097475a32dc3ff78d6fc42c852?d=identicon&s=25 List Recv (lstrecv)
Am I the only one whose ever tried to use http-access2 SSL on Windows?

Surely, someone, somewhere could give me a pointer in how to verify
remote certs (Google didn't help).
698aa5ff88e0466785af6fd29cdcea3b?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Meyer (Guest)
Hi listrecv!

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, listrecv@gmail.com wrote:

> Am I the only one whose ever tried to use http-access2 SSL on Windows?
>
> Surely, someone, somewhere could give me a pointer in how to verify
> remote certs (Google didn't help).

I can't see why it would be different on Windows vs. Unix, but who
knows? At any rate, this is what I do on my Unix box (no Windows here,
sorry):

@ca_file = "/path/to/remote/server's/pub/key"
@proxy = ENV['HTTP_PROXY'] || ENV['http_proxy'] || nil
@client = HTTPClient.new(proxy)
@client.ssl_config.set_trust_ca(@ca_file)

You might also find useful the example code at
http://dev.ctor.org/http-access2/browser/tags/RELE...
Ccfe7d097475a32dc3ff78d6fc42c852?d=identicon&s=25 List Recv (lstrecv)
Thanks - I guess I'm looking for a way to do this with "universal" root
certs, similar to the way a browser works. - where you don't need the
specific cert/key of the other host, provided that it is signed by a
recognized CA (such as VeriSign)