Forum: Ruby on Rails two ROR project with one application server , is it possible

1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2009-05-28 08:15
two rails project with one application server(only one mongrel) ,
is it possible ?
if yes , then how ?
Sniper Abandon wrote:
> two rails project with one application server(only one mongrel) ,

Generally speaking, you can't even do *one* Rails project with only one
Mongrel instance.

> is it possible ?
> if yes , then how ?

If you can say a bit more about what you're trying to do, I'm sure
someone will be able to help further.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

You can accomplish this by configuring Apache so that it talks to the
correct mongrel instance based on the incoming request.

Example:  http://xyz.com/app1 would go to mongrel instance on port xxx
and http://xyz.com/app2 would go to mongrel instance on port yyy.

A simpler way to do this is to use mod_rails.  Configuring multiple
Rails app in subdomains is quite easy with mod_rails.
http://www.modrails.com

On May 28, 11:15 am, Sniper Abandon <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>