Forum: Ruby on Rails Is it possible?

589525f133e603e1f17af9b03176c000?d=identicon&s=25 Abhishek shukla (Guest)
Hello Guys,
I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
will
execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so just
wanted to
know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Regards
Abhishek Shukla
91a72b0ad3e43e3ef3a31816667ec694?d=identicon&s=25 bill walton (Guest)
Helloo Abhishek,

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 19:37 +0530, Abhishek shukla wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
> will execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so
> just wanted to know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Cron and rake are server-side tools.  Javascript runs in the browser.
You can't, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server.  What is it, exactly,
that you think you need Javascript to do?

Best regards.
Bill
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM, bill walton <bwalton.im@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You can't, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server.  What is it, exactly,
> that you think you need Javascript to do?
>
> Best regards.
> Bill

You want to take a look at what the guys did over at Aptana:

http://ejohn.org/blog/server-side-javascript-with-jaxer
http://www.aptana.com/jaxer

Good luck,

-Conrad
Ced56202e9039027cfc2da2f70457977?d=identicon&s=25 E. Litwin (Guest)
Is there any reason you can't convert the javascript to Ruby?
589525f133e603e1f17af9b03176c000?d=identicon&s=25 Abhishek shukla (Guest)
Hello Bill,
Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup
action.
And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
rake command and even that time i'll need to run this Javascript api :(
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Abhishek shukla <betterabhi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup action.
> And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
> rake command and even that time i'll need to run this Javascript api :(

You don't "run" an api.

What action is being invoked, and where is it supposed to take place?