Is it possible?


#1

Hello G.s,
I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
will
execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so just
wanted to
know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Regards
Abhishek S.


#2

Helloo Abhishek,

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 19:37 +0530, Abhishek shukla wrote:

Hello G.s,
I have a requirement in which a cron will run everyday and a rake file
will execute along with rake file i need to javascript function so
just wanted to know is there any way i can run a javascript.

Cron and rake are server-side tools. Javascript runs in the browser.
You can’t, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server. What is it, exactly,
that you think you need Javascript to do?

Best regards.
Bill


#3

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM, bill walton removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

You can’t, AFAIK, run Javascript from the server. What is it, exactly,
that you think you need Javascript to do?

Best regards.
Bill

You want to take a look at what the guys did over at Aptana:

http://ejohn.org/blog/server-side-javascript-with-jaxer
http://www.aptana.com/jaxer

Good luck,

-Conrad


#4

Hello Bill,
Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup
action.
And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
rake command and even that time i’ll need to run this Javascript api :frowning:


#5

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Abhishek shukla removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

Basically i am calling a third party javascript api after a signup action.
And we have a monthly renewal of account as well which execute through a
rake command and even that time i’ll need to run this Javascript api :frowning:

You don’t “run” an api.

What action is being invoked, and where is it supposed to take place?


Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#6

Is there any reason you can’t convert the javascript to Ruby?