Forum: IronRuby Microsoft.Scripting dll versions

9fbc3f9795454a841c15769482f18368?d=identicon&s=25 Bruce Pierson (Guest)
I have an application that allows the user to choose between Ruby and
Python
scripting. In order to make this work, I had to rebuild IronRuby with
all
the Microsoft.Scripting.* assemblies renamed, because the versions are
different for the current versions of IronPython and IronRuby.

What are the plans for making these projects reference the same
Microsoft.Scripting.* dlls, so that I don't have to do this?
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
You can build python out of github today. It lives is merlin\main
\languages\ironpython. Then you can share the same DLR assemblies.

~Jimmy
Sent from my phone

On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:27 PM, "Bruce Pierson"
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
You can get the latest builds from
http://nightlybuilds.cloudapp.net/Project.aspx?project=dlr or build both
languages from GIT or CodePlex source code (see my blog
http://blog.tomasm.net/2009/02/20/multilingual-repl).

Tomas

I have an application that allows the user to choose between Ruby and
Python scripting. In order to make this work, I had to rebuild IronRuby
with all the Microsoft.Scripting.* assemblies renamed, because the
versions are different for the current versions of IronPython and
IronRuby.

What are the plans for making these projects reference the same
Microsoft.Scripting.* dlls, so that I don't have to do this?
9fbc3f9795454a841c15769482f18368?d=identicon&s=25 Bruce Pierson (Guest)
Thanks, that did the trick.