Forum: Ruby [ANN] rspec 1.1.9 Released

rspec version 1.1.9 has been released!

* <http://rspec.info/>

Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby.

Changes:

### Version 1.1.9 / 2008-10-20

WARNING: This release removes implicit inclusion of modules in example
groups.
This means that if you have 'describe MyModule do', MyModule will not be
included in the group.

* 2 major enhancements

  * Add extend to configuration (thanks to advice from Chad Fowler)
  * Modules are no longer implicitly included in example groups

* 4 minor enhancements

  * mingw indicates windows too (thanks to Luis Lavena for the tip)
  * improved output for partial mock expecation failures
  * it_should_behave_like now accepts n names of shared groups
  * eliminated redundant inclusion/extension of ExampleGroupMethods

* 6 bug fixes

  * spec command with no arguments prints help
  * fixed typo in help. Fixes #73.
  * fixed bug where should_receive..and_yield after similar stub added
the args_to_yield to the stub's original args_to_yield (Pat Maddox)
  * fixed bug where rspec-autotest (autospec) was loading non-spec
files in spec directory. Fixes #559.
  * fixed bug where should_not_receive was reporting twice
  * fixed bug where rspec tries to run examples just because it is
required (even if there are no examples loaded). Fixes #575.

* <http://rspec.info/>
David Chelimsky wrote:
> rspec version 1.1.9 has been released!

Thanks for rspec--it totally rocks.  The stubbing mechanism and the
english like syntax are very very very nice.

Thanks!
-=R
PS Here's wishing for 1.9 support some day <flips a coin>.
It seems the spec task somehow depends on spicycode-rcov, which is not
available on RubyForge. Was that an unintentional glitch?

- Charlie
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Oct 24, 2:02 am, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nut...@sun.com>
wrote:
> It seems the spec task somehow depends on spicycode-rcov, which is not
> available on RubyForge. Was that an unintentional glitch?
>
> - Charlie

The gem was build with RubyGems 1.3, which allow you have runtime and
development dependencies.

With RubyGems 1.3.0 spicycode-rcov is not installed, but with 1.2 it
does.

I hope JRuby can jump soon to 1.3 (and soon 1.3.1) for us to rejoice
of development and runtime dependencies (at last, no more hoe
dependencies for us).

So: was unintentional :-)

Regards,
Luis Lavena wrote:

> With RubyGems 1.3.0 spicycode-rcov is not installed, but with 1.2 it
> does.
>
> I hope JRuby can jump soon to 1.3 (and soon 1.3.1) for us to rejoice
> of development and runtime dependencies (at last, no more hoe
> dependencies for us).
>
> So: was unintentional :-)

1.3 update is planned for JRuby 1.1.5 (soon).

- Charlie