Forum: Ruby ie.start & ie.new

Bc04bada0722a462cb7c093b7f805561?d=identicon&s=25 Vijay Pillai (vijaypillai)
on 2008-10-10 06:04
Hello,

I am a beginner to Ruby & Watir, as new as three days :) I am facing
some beginner issues ...
When trying to use ie.new or ie.start, a fresh IE opens up and when
using ie.goto on that object opens a new IE browser to navigate to the
site. I tried physically typing the url on the blank / fresh browser
that ruby opens up after ie.new or ie.start but I get this error "For
your computers security, websites that are in different security zones
should open up in different windows".

Is there some stting changes that will solve this problem as clearly
none of you guys are facing this issue with a ie.new or ie.start.

The below code will cause the same problem,

   require 'watir'   # the watir controller
   # set a variable
   test_site = 'http://www.google.com'
   # open the IE browser
   ie = Watir::IE.new # this opens up a blank . fresh / new browser
   ie.goto(test_site) # This opens up another browser
4e7467a6f341bff511514953afb6ffbd?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Rogers (Guest)
On Oct 9, 10:03 pm, Vijay Pillai <pillai...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    ie.goto(test_site) # This opens up another browser
> --
times before. Its something to do with vista.

Paul