Forum: Typo Template Missing error after upgrade

270b71aa52e822fa5920e618fd693d0c?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Sam-bodden (bsbodden)
on 2008-09-17 02:31
I'm getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
don't get it, could this be a route problem?

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
  Status: 500 Internal Server Error
  Missing layout ../../themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path

Other than that all admin functions are working fine.
2fd0206c71a1b22a9cc6293f38537461?d=identicon&s=25 Cyril Mougel (shingara)
on 2008-09-17 08:22
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Brian Sam-bodden
<ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> I'm getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
> 5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
> This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
> don't get it, could this be a route problem?
>
> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>  Status: 500 Internal Server Error
>  Missing layout ../../themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
>

Have you this file ? themes/typographic/layouts/default.html.erb ?
270b71aa52e822fa5920e618fd693d0c?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Sam-bodden (bsbodden)
on 2008-09-17 12:08
Cyril Mougel wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Brian Sam-bodden
> <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>> I'm getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
>> 5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
>> This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
>> don't get it, could this be a route problem?
>>
>> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>>  Status: 500 Internal Server Error
>>  Missing layout ../../themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
>>
>
> Have you this file ? themes/typographic/layouts/default.html.erb ?

Cyril,
Yes the file is there. That's the part that baffles me.

Here the a bit more of the error I'm seeing in my production.log

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Wed Sep 17 06:07:33 -0400 2008
  Status: 500 Internal Server Error
  Missing layout ../../themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/themes/typographic/views:/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/app/views
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1270:in
`assert_existence_of_template_file'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
`render_without_benchmark'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
`render'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/config/initializers/benchmark_hacks.rb:4:in
`realtime'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
`render'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/app/controllers/application.rb:27:in
`rescue_action_in_public'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:125:in
`rescue_action'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:203:in
`perform_action_without_caching'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:13:in
`perform_action'
    /home/webadmin/integra
700f9a3b883e6a04d018f48290b1a3fd?d=identicon&s=25 de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
on 2008-09-17 12:18
(Received via mailing list)
Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.

Cheers
Frédéric




Le 17 sept. 08 à 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a écrit :

>>> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>
> vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
>    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
> 13:in
> `perform_action'
>    /home/webadmin/integra
>
> --
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> _______________________________________________
> Typo-list mailing list
> Typo-list@rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list

--
Frédéric de Villamil
frederic@de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org
270b71aa52e822fa5920e618fd693d0c?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Sam-bodden (bsbodden)
on 2008-09-17 12:30
de Villamil Frédéric wrote:
> Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
> is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
> support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.
>
> Cheers
> Fr�d�ric
>
>
>
>
> Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :
>
>>>> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>>
>> vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
>>    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
>> 13:in
>> `perform_action'
>>    /home/webadmin/integra
>>
>> --
>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Typo-list mailing list
>> Typo-list@rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list
>
> --
> Fr�d�ric de Villamil
> frederic@de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
> http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org

Frédéric,
  I'm running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
a rake db:migrate.

Thanks,
Brian
270b71aa52e822fa5920e618fd693d0c?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Sam-bodden (bsbodden)
on 2008-09-17 12:36
Brian Sam-bodden wrote:
> de Villamil Frédéric wrote:
>> Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
>> is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
>> support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Fr�d�ric
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :
>>
>>>>> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>>>
>>> vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
>>>    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
>>> 13:in
>>> `perform_action'
>>>    /home/webadmin/integra
>>>
>>> --
>>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Typo-list mailing list
>>> Typo-list@rubyforge.org
>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list
>>
>> --
>> Fr�d�ric de Villamil
>> frederic@de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
>> http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org
>
> Frédéric,
>   I'm running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
> rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
> a rake db:migrate.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

I did a fresh install on a different directory and I get the same error.
This time I installed from source (typo-5.1.3.zip). Could this be a
combination of Ruby 1.8.5 and Rails 2.0.2. Maybe I'll try the installer
next!!

Here's the error on the fresh install:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Wed Sep 17 06:32:01 -0400 2008
  Status: 500 Internal Server Error
  Missing layout ../../themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/themes/typographic/views:/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/app/views
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1270:in
`assert_existence_of_template_file'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
`render_without_benchmark'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
`render'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/config/initializers/benchmark_hacks.rb:4:in
`realtime'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
`render'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/app/controllers/application.rb:27:in
`rescue_action_in_public'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:125:in
`rescue_action'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:203:in
`perform_action_without_caching'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:13:in
`perform_action'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:33:in
`cache'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:8:in
`cache'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:12:in
`perform_action'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:525:in
`send'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:525:in
`process_without_filters'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:562:in
`process_without_session_management_support'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:123:in
`process'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:386:in
`process'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:156:in
`handle_request'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:97:in
`dispatch'
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:94:in
`dispatch'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:110:in
`dispatch_cgi'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:11:in
`dispatch'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:101:in
`process_request'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:149:in
`with_signal_handler'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:99:in
`process_request'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:77:in
`process_each_request'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:612:in `each_cgi'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:609:in `each'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:609:in `each_cgi'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:76:in
`process_each_request'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:50:in
`process!'
    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:24:in
`process!'
    dispatch.fcgi:24
22454aada4e9c782036d68fb344a0ee3?d=identicon&s=25 David Liu (hooman)
on 2008-09-20 17:08
Hi,
   Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
idea about it.
   My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
   My Rails version is 2.1.0
   My Ruby version is 1.8.5

   It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn't
work. But when I visit my blog, I'll got "500 Internal Server Error",
and I can find
"ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout ." in the production.log
file.

Best wishes
David Liu

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:
> Brian Sam-bodden wrote:
>> de Villamil Frédéric wrote:
>>> Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
>>> is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
>>> support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Fr�d�ric
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :
>>>
>>>>>> /!\ FAILSAFE /!\  Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
>>>>
>>>> vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
>>>>    /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
>>>> 13:in
>>>> `perform_action'
>>>>    /home/webadmin/integra
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Typo-list mailing list
>>>> Typo-list@rubyforge.org
>>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fr�d�ric de Villamil
>>> frederic@de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
>>> http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org
>>
>> Frédéric,
>>   I'm running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
>> rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
>> a rake db:migrate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
270b71aa52e822fa5920e618fd693d0c?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Sam-bodden (bsbodden)
on 2008-09-20 18:35
David Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>    Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
> upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
> idea about it.
>    My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
>    My Rails version is 2.1.0
>    My Ruby version is 1.8.5
>
>    It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn't
> work. But when I visit my blog, I'll got "500 Internal Server Error",
> and I can find
> "ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout ." in the production.log
> file.
>
> Best wishes
> David Liu
>
David,

Yes, I did a complete new install using the installer gem. Then I
applied my database backup table per table. To this day I don't what it
was but doing a fresh install with the installer solved it.

Brian
22454aada4e9c782036d68fb344a0ee3?d=identicon&s=25 David Liu (hooman)
on 2008-10-10 05:23
Brain,
Thanks for your reply.
I downgrade my Rails version to 2.0.2 and issued an upgrade again.
It works too.

Best wishes,
David

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:
> David Liu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
>> upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
>> idea about it.
>>    My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
>>    My Rails version is 2.1.0
>>    My Ruby version is 1.8.5
>>
>>    It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn't
>> work. But when I visit my blog, I'll got "500 Internal Server Error",
>> and I can find
>> "ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout ." in the production.log
>> file.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> David Liu
>>
> David,
>
> Yes, I did a complete new install using the installer gem. Then I
> applied my database backup table per table. To this day I don't what it
> was but doing a fresh install with the installer solved it.
>
> Brian
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.