Template Missing error after upgrade

I’m getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
don’t get it, could this be a route problem?

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Missing layout …/…/themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path

Other than that all admin functions are working fine.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Brian Sam-bodden
[email protected] wrote:

I’m getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
don’t get it, could this be a route problem?

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Missing layout …/…/themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path

Have you this file ? themes/typographic/layouts/default.html.erb ?

Cyril M. wrote:

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Brian Sam-bodden
[email protected] wrote:

I’m getting the dreaded Missing Layout error after an upgrade to edge
5.1.3 from 5.0.3 (just did an svn up). Migrated the DB succesfully.
This happens on typographic which is supposed to be the default theme. I
don’t get it, could this be a route problem?

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008
Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Missing layout …/…/themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path

Have you this file ? themes/typographic/layouts/default.html.erb ?

Cyril,
Yes the file is there. That’s the part that baffles me.

Here the a bit more of the error I’m seeing in my production.log

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Wed Sep 17 06:07:33 -0400 2008
Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Missing layout …/…/themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/themes/typographic/views:/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/app/views
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1270:in
assert_existence_of_template_file' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:inrender_without_benchmark’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
render' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/config/initializers/benchmark_hacks.rb:4:inrealtime’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
render' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/app/controllers/application.rb:27:inrescue_action_in_public’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:125:in
rescue_action' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:203:inperform_action_without_caching’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:13:in
`perform_action’
/home/webadmin/integra

Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.

Cheers
Frédéric

Le 17 sept. 08 à 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a écrit :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008

vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
13:in
`perform_action’
/home/webadmin/integra


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list


Frédéric de Villamil
[email protected] tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://fredericdevillamil.com Typo : http://typosphere.org

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:

de Villamil Frédéric wrote:

Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.

Cheers
Fr�d�ric

Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008

vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
13:in
`perform_action’
/home/webadmin/integra


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list


Fr�d�ric de Villamil
[email protected] tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://fredericdevillamil.com Typo : http://typosphere.org

Frédéric,
I’m running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
a rake db:migrate.

Thanks,
Brian

I did a fresh install on a different directory and I get the same error.
This time I installed from source (typo-5.1.3.zip). Could this be a
combination of Ruby 1.8.5 and Rails 2.0.2. Maybe I’ll try the installer
next!!

Here’s the error on the fresh install:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Wed Sep 17 06:32:01 -0400 2008
Status: 500 Internal Server Error
Missing layout …/…/themes/typographic/layouts/default in view path
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/themes/typographic/views:/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/app/views
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1270:in
assert_existence_of_template_file' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:inrender_without_benchmark’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
render' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/config/initializers/benchmark_hacks.rb:4:inrealtime’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in
render' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/app/controllers/application.rb:27:inrescue_action_in_public’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:125:in
rescue_action' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:203:inperform_action_without_caching’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:13:in
perform_action' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:33:incache’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:8:in
cache' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/caching/sql_cache.rb:12:inperform_action’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:525:in
send' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:525:inprocess_without_filters’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:562:in
process_without_session_management_support' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:123:inprocess’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:386:in
process' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:156:inhandle_request’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:97:in
dispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:insynchronize’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:94:in
dispatch' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:110:indispatch_cgi’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:11:in
dispatch' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:101:inprocess_request’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:149:in
with_signal_handler' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:99:inprocess_request’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:77:in
process_each_request' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:612:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:609:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/lib/fcgi.rb:609:ineach_cgi’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:76:in
process_each_request' /home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:50:inprocess!’
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/blog/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:24:in
`process!’
dispatch.fcgi:24

Hi,
Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
idea about it.
My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
My Rails version is 2.1.0
My Ruby version is 1.8.5

It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn’t
work. But when I visit my blog, I’ll got “500 Internal Server Error”,
and I can find
“ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout .” in the production.log
file.

Best wishes
David Liu

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:

de Villamil Frédéric wrote:

Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.

Cheers
Fr�d�ric

Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008

vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
13:in
`perform_action’
/home/webadmin/integra


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list


Fr�d�ric de Villamil
[email protected] tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://fredericdevillamil.com Typo : http://typosphere.org

Frédéric,
I’m running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
a rake db:migrate.

Thanks,
Brian

de Villamil Frédéric wrote:

Strange, can you tell us please what Ruby and Rails version your Typo
is currently using ? Typo does not support Rails 2.1 neither does it
support Ruby 1.8.7 yet.

Cheers
Fr�d�ric

Le 17 sept. 08 � 12:08, Brian Sam-bodden a �crit :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 -0400 2008

vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/layout.rb:250:in
/home/webadmin/integrallis.virtual.vps-host.net/html/typo/trunk/
13:in
`perform_action’
/home/webadmin/integra


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list


Fr�d�ric de Villamil
[email protected] tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://fredericdevillamil.com Typo : http://typosphere.org

Frédéric,
I’m running on the VPS eApps, ruby 1.8.5 and rails 2.0.2. I was on
rails 1.1.6 before running Type 5.0.3, upgraded doing an svn up and then
a rake db:migrate.

Thanks,
Brian

Brain,
Thanks for your reply.
I downgrade my Rails version to 2.0.2 and issued an upgrade again.
It works too.

Best wishes,
David

Brian Sam-bodden wrote:

David Liu wrote:

Hi,
Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
idea about it.
My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
My Rails version is 2.1.0
My Ruby version is 1.8.5

It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn’t
work. But when I visit my blog, I’ll got “500 Internal Server Error”,
and I can find
“ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout .” in the production.log
file.

Best wishes
David Liu

David,

Yes, I did a complete new install using the installer gem. Then I
applied my database backup table per table. To this day I don’t what it
was but doing a fresh install with the installer solved it.

Brian

David Liu wrote:

Hi,
Have you resolved this problem? I got the similar problem after I
upgrade my typo from 4.1.1 to 5.1.3(Upgrade from source). And have no
idea about it.
My Servers is ubuntu 8.0.4 Hardy
My Rails version is 2.1.0
My Ruby version is 1.8.5

It seems that the admin function is OK, except switch theme doesn’t
work. But when I visit my blog, I’ll got “500 Internal Server Error”,
and I can find
“ActionView::MissingTemplate (Missing layout .” in the production.log
file.

Best wishes
David Liu

David,

Yes, I did a complete new install using the installer gem. Then I
applied my database backup table per table. To this day I don’t what it
was but doing a fresh install with the installer solved it.

Brian