Forum: Nitro how far from a 0.50 release?

Fd8f09626613a93a79e2ae899f00a465?d=identicon&s=25 Dan North (Guest)
Hi there.

I've noticed the traffic on this list has diminished in terms of issues
in
Nitro and Og, which I'm taking as a sign of stability and therefore a
Good
Thing. So the sixty-four thousand dollar question is, when are we going
get a 0.50 release?

George blogged the "finishing touches" for 0.50 back in August last year
according to http://www.nitroproject.org/blog. (On a side note, the

It would be great to see 0.50 appear in my gem update. I really would
love
to see a realistic alternative to rails that I could use in anger with
client projects.

Consider this a gentle nudge from an enthusiastic supporter :)

Thanks,
Dan
501ebb4805e74dddc5c0b33b16fca819?d=identicon&s=25 Cortland Klein (Guest)
I have been experimenting with Sinatra and DataMapper, but really
liked Og better. Not sure the difference between Nitro and Sinatra
though; other than that I know Nitro has some JavaScript stuff in it.

I'm on a team that mainly makes MAMP stacks. I'd like to further the
use of ruby as the ability to evolve functionality on average seems
easier.

+1 for 0.50

Cortland Klein <me@pixelcort.com> +1 408 506 9791
http://pixelcort.com/

Sent from my iPhone
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)
Nice to hear that people are still interested in Nitro ;-)

As far as I am concerned, the version in the repository is ready for
release
as 0.50. I use it on a production web site with no problems. I though
Tom
(trans) would help me with packaging the gems, but I 've lost  track of
him
lately. So I will try to package the gems and release 0.50 this week.

so, stay tunned ;-)

-g.
Fd8f09626613a93a79e2ae899f00a465?d=identicon&s=25 Dan North (Guest)
Hooray!

And even if something goes badly wrong, you can always put out a 0.51
the
following day :)
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)
sure :)
it will happen this week. I just need to create gems. How difficult can
that
be...

-g.
Ff9e18f0699bf079f1fc91c8d4506438?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
Cortland Klein wrote:
> I have been experimenting with Sinatra and DataMapper, but really liked
> Og better.

Can you elaborate on differences between DataMapper and Og?

--
James Britt

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to
assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with
the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche
501ebb4805e74dddc5c0b33b16fca819?d=identicon&s=25 Cortland Klein (Guest)
I'm not sure; but it seemed migrations or schema evolutions are easier
with Og than with DM. I'll have to research more to figure it out. It
seems there is no good online resource of the difference between them.

Off Topic Idea: One idea I'm thinking about is to create an
"intersection wiki" that would contain articles on the intersections
between two concepts, to compare and contrast them and such. Therefore
you could have an article such as "DataMapper+Og" which would be the
intersection article of the keywords DataMapper and Og. This
Intersection wiki then could be used to document things like this.
11367899fa615f1fb647dc8fd3fd56d1?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Clark (Guest)
I was thinking about writing a very similar email.  I might have
mentioned
the comment link problem too.  But mostly, I am anxious to have the
latest
versions of Nitro and Og as gems. :)
-Greg
Bd10252dc68b39171cc9bf5f74bcb9f1?d=identicon&s=25 Arne Brasseur (Guest)
>     will try to package the gems and release 0.50 this week.
>
> Hooray!

Really cool, more hoorays from over here!

And a wiki, beautiful!

In time for Chinese New Year

Best wishes for the year of the Rat!

A.
Bf0504f185551cac57895df741836051?d=identicon&s=25 chris (Guest)
Excellent everyone!  I'm looking forward to using it as well.

-Chris
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)
Ok, I have scheduled some time to work on this tomorrow. Hopefuly
everything
will go well :)

-g.