Forum: Ruby OT: Micro benchmarks (Was: How convert an integer to a bit a

F3b7b8756d0c7f71cc7460cc33aefaee?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel.Berger (Guest)

<snip>

> Cool!  Thanks for doing the benchmark.
>
> Curt

My filesystem is littered with micro benchmarks.  Is there a website out
there where folks could copy, paste & run benchmarks for Ruby code
snippets?

Obviously, such a site would be potentially hazardous, but I suspect the
hazards can be mitigated by using setrlimit(), limiting overall method
size, setting a maximum number of iterations, etc.

Thoughts?

Dan
4c3511a439ed90fa012a55928a60e230?d=identicon&s=25 curt.hibbs (Guest)
On 11/23/05, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger@qwest.com> wrote:

> Thoughts?
I'm not aware of anything that currently exists. But it sounds like a
wiki
would do the job.

How about creating a RubyForge project (possibly named
"microbenchmarks")
and using the wiki that comes with the project.

Curt