OT: Micro benchmarks (Was: How convert an integer to a bit a

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt H. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:28 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: How convert an integer to a bit array

Cool! Thanks for doing the benchmark.

Curt

My filesystem is littered with micro benchmarks. Is there a website out
there where folks could copy, paste & run benchmarks for Ruby code
snippets?

Obviously, such a site would be potentially hazardous, but I suspect the
hazards can be mitigated by using setrlimit(), limiting overall method
size, setting a maximum number of iterations, etc.

Thoughts?

Dan

On 11/23/05, Berger, Daniel [email protected] wrote:

Thoughts?
I’m not aware of anything that currently exists. But it sounds like a
wiki
would do the job.

How about creating a RubyForge project (possibly named
“microbenchmarks”)
and using the wiki that comes with the project.

Curt