Forum: GNU Radio A problem with ALSA

6d517d684ef290ace659789695e2c382?d=identicon&s=25 葛元恺 (Yuankai Ge) (Guest)

I'm also tring to making some sound out of the USRP box, however, even
test with the most simple script to generate a dial tone given by
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring...
the alsa seems can not work as expected. I could listen to music
successfully under my Ubuntu 7.04 and gnuradio-alsa is successfully
configured and compiled. I've checked some old maillist record to
solve this problem but nothing helps.  And I'm not using any music
player at the same time when test the python script (Maybe my Ubuntu
occupies it? I don't know....)

Hope here someone encountered the same newbie question as mine~ ^_^

audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: Device or resource busy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dial_tone.py", line 20, in <module>
    fg = build_graph ()
  File "./dial_tone.py", line 13, in build_graph
    dst = audio.sink (sampling_freq)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py",
line 236, in sink
    return _audio_alsa.sink(*args)
RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink
432f63ac90470dc61f8b2610987ce0b5?d=identicon&s=25 Frank Brickle (Guest)
Check the running processes. If there are any sound daemons such as esd
running, kill them and give it another try.

Frank

--
Managing developers is like herding cats.
Managing volunteer developers is like herding bats, in the dark.