Forum: Ruby Ruby and Eclipse

84dc575c33a123789521d53cad0f62ae?d=identicon&s=25 Lloyd Linklater (lloyd)
on 2007-05-07 19:34
Greetings!

I have been trying to get eclipse to where it can deal with ruby more or
less as it does with java.  I am looking for some color coding, code
completion and, if possible, even debugging.  So far, I am coming up
goose eggs.  I have tried things that I saw on:

http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/distributions/ruby...
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/l...
http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2006/01/19/eclips-ing-ruby/

but for some reason they do not work for me.  Any tips from someone that
got it working?

Thanks,

Lloyd
9d4960f8319664f0f7896230eebace73?d=identicon&s=25 Glen Holcomb (Guest)
You might want to look at the DLTK plug-in if you are using Europa that
is.
Otherwise your best option is RDT which isn't horrible but isn't great.

--
"Hey brother christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
speak

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
1fc25f2feac6adf0de2ef66da97a457b?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Klishin (Guest)
Consider trying dltk for Ruby, they have a great type inference
(probably the best around to the date).

eclipse.org/dltk

On 07/05/07, Lloyd Linklater <lloyd@2live4.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have been trying to get eclipse to where it can deal with ruby more or
> less as it does with java.  I am looking for some color coding, code
> completion and, if possible, even debugging.  So far, I am coming up
> goose eggs.  I have tried things that I saw on:
--
This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.

Chasing the beauty in programming:
www.ruby-lang.org | www.rubyonrails.org
5d042621c7c90a43d2776db19eca2023?d=identicon&s=25 Ken Mitchell (kennyd)
I use Eclipse with RDT and RadRails on a Linux machine with no problems.
A little bulky and memory intense but is much more efficient than VIM
especially for Rails.  My partner is on an XP machine and had problems
with the Eclipse/RDT/Rad setup so he found easyeclipse and it works fine
for him.

If you are having installation troubles, try describing those here or
posting to the respective mail-list.

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 02:34 +0900, Lloyd Linklater wrote:

> but for some reason they do not work for me.  Any tips from someone that
> got it working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lloyd

Ken Mitchell
Wireless Operations Engineer
Farmers Wireless

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it may contain
confidential and legally privileged information. This information is
intended only for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, take notice that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
taking of any action based upon this information is prohibited by law.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the
sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.