Zlib::Inflate error when installing gems

I think you are aware of the error… but I’d like to mention on the list
that you can get around it by first installing the gem in MRI that seems
make it go away.

» igem install bacon
ERROR: While executing gem … (TypeError)
allocator undefined for Zlib::Inflate

  • C:\Users\Ivan Porto C.
    » gem install bacon
    Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
    1 gem installed
    Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
    Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
  • C:\Users\Ivan Porto C.
    » igem install bacon
    Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
    1 gem installed
    Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
    Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
    ERROR: While executing gem … (TypeError)
    can’t convert Array into String

To install the rails gem there is only one issue remaining and that has
do with a file in the actionmailer test fixtures. The name of the file
ends
in a ~ and apparently ironruby doesn’t like that.

/USUALLY/ filenames ending in ~ are backup files… are you sure the file
causes issues is a critical file?

The file may be an accidental checkin, but the bug is real. I should be
able to handle a file with ~ in the filename.

JD

/USUALLY/ filenames ending in ~ are backup files… are you sure the file
causes issues is a critical file?
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Ivan Porto C.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
I think you are aware of the error… but I’d like to mention on the list
that you can get around it by first installing the gem in MRI that seems
to make it go away.

igem install bacon
ERROR: While executing gem … (TypeError)
allocator undefined for Zlib::Inflate

  • C:\Users\Ivan Porto C.

gem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0…

  • C:\Users\Ivan Porto C.

igem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0…
ERROR: While executing gem … (TypeError)
can’t convert Array into String

To install the rails gem there is only one issue remaining and that has
to do with a file in the actionmailer test fixtures. The name of the
file ends in a ~ and apparently ironruby doesn’t like that.

Please open a bug in rubyforge against me, I’ll take a look at it.