ZenTest version 3.8.0 has been released!
- [email protected]
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
3.8.0 / 2008-01-12
10 minor enhancements:
- Added basic support for rubinius in multiruby.
- Changed Dunno! message to only output on -v
- Added Getting Started with Autotest by Philippe Hanrigou (with
- Updated example_dot_autotest.rb for newer plugins.
- Cleaned up rdoc.
- Worked with David C. to make Autotest more uber for
- Removed exceptions and test_mappings accessors and replaced with
add/remove/clear methods. Updating .autotest should be very
- Moved :initialize hook to beginning of run method
- Changed load/customization order to be:
- ./.autotest (yes, both .autotest files).
- Moved away from using instance variables to encourage subclasses
to use accessors.