HOLY CRAP! zentest version 3.5.0 has been released and it is HUOOOGE!!!
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
*** 3.5.0 / 2007-04-12
4 major enhancements:
- Now requires RubyGems 0.9.1 or newer.
- Autotest and unit_diff are both unbuffered. Results are more
- Refactored and redesigned how files map to test from Sean
Carley. See fixtures plugin as an example.
- Generalize how autotest handler is instantiated and invoked,
allowing for many more autotest types, including combos.
23 minor enhancements:
- Added all_good hook if initial run was all_good as well.
- Added assert_in_epsilon to ZentestAssertions.
- Added autotest plugin to auto-update source ala tinderbox/
- Added autotest plugin to update ichat/adium IM status with
- Added autotest plugin to update the GNU screen statusbar from
- Added autotest syntax error handling from Ryan P…
- Added autotest/emacs emacs integration plugin!!! YAY!
- Added autotest/migrate.rb.
- Added camping support from Geoffrey Grossenbach.
- Added changed file reporting to autotest via -v flag.
- Added informative summary and filtering via ENV[‘VERSIONS’] to
- Added libnotify support from Kazuo Saito.
- Added lots of rdoc patches from Hugh S…
- Added rjs files to view_test_case.
- Added rspec_autotest “stolen” from caldersphere.net
- Added run_command hook to trigger the start of a test run.
- Added tmp to rails’ exceptions list.
- Added unit_diff command variable to autotest for customizing
flags and such.
- Added zentest_mapping.rb and test.
- Allow session to work in Test::Rails view tests.
- Improved autotest/growl.rb output from imajes.
- Improved autotest/timestamp output from Josh S…
- Test::Rails works with Rails 1.2.
2 bug fixes:
- Accelerated Test::Rails unit tests via sensible defaults.
- Better assertion messages for ZentestAssertions.