YM4R multiple points on Google Map

Just started using YM4R to display a Google Map. I can display a map
with 1
Marker. But, I’d like to initialize the map with multiple markers.
Does
anyone know how to do that?

I’ve tried:

def index
@map = GMap.new(“map_div”)
@map.control_init(:large_map => true,:map_type => true)
@map.center_zoom_init([47.2700000, -122.311880],15)
@map.overlay_init(GMarker.new([47.2700000, -122.311880],:title =>
“Hello”, :info_window => “Info! Info!”))
@map.add_overlay(GMarker.new([47.2700000, -122.311800],:title =>
“M2”,
:info_window => “Marker 2”))
end

The .add_overlay(…) doesn’t display.

Also,
Does anyone know how to get the GPS coordinates for a street address?


Best Regards,
-Larry
“Work, work, work…there is no satisfactory alternative.”
— E.Taft Benson

Can’t you just feed in an array of markers?

@markers.each do |marker_seq|
@map.overlay_init(marker_seq)
end

Thanks, that worked, (once I moved the coordinated far enough apart that
both markers would display).
-Larry

On 3/1/07, Hunter H. [email protected] wrote:

Can’t you just feed in an array of markers?

@markers.each do |marker_seq|
@map.overlay_init(marker_seq)
end

This haven’t figured out how to get the longitude, latitude for a given
US
address. Should I put that question in a separate post?
-Larry

On Mar 1, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Larry K. wrote:

@map.center_zoom_init([47.2700000, -122.311880],15)


Best Regards,
-Larry
“Work, work, work…there is no satisfactory alternative.”
— E.Taft Benson


Best Regards,
-Larry
“Work, work, work…there is no satisfactory alternative.”
— E.Taft Benson

Hunter H. wrote:

Can’t you just feed in an array of markers?

@markers.each do |marker_seq|
@map.overlay_init(marker_seq)
end

Hi Hunter

I have a similar problema with YM4R

My map only display the last point, this is my code:

 @map = GMap.new("map_div_id")
 @map.control_init(:large_map => true, :map_type => true)
 @map.center_zoom_init([40.41,-3.70], 4)


 markers = Array.new()

 for lab in @laboratories do
     html = gethtmlmap(lab)
     c1, c2 = lab.coords.split(",")

      markers << GMarker.new([c1.to_i,c2.to_i],
     :title => lab.name, :info_window => html)

 end

 markers.each do |marker_seq|
       @map.overlay_init(marker_seq)
 end

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Just a quick link to some example code that may help you:

http://github.com/kete/kete/blob/master/app/views/search/_results.rhtml

lines 43 - 63ish

Pay particular attention to lines 61 and 62.

Hope that helps,
Walter

Found the answer to the coordinate problem. Way at the bottom of the
readme, it mentions in passing that GMarker now accepts strings as well
as
coordinates. So all I have to do is:

@address = GMarker.new(“some address that Google can find”)

Very cool!

There is also a Geocode::Get method that queries Google and returns
coordinate info. Haven’t played with it yet.
-Larry

On 3/1/07, Larry K. [email protected] wrote:

@markers.each do |marker_seq|

Just started using YM4R to display a Google Map. I can display a
=> “Hello”, :info_window => “Info! Info!”))
Best Regards,

Best Regards,
-Larry
“Work, work, work…there is no satisfactory alternative.”
— E.Taft Benson


Best Regards,
-Larry
“Work, work, work…there is no satisfactory alternative.”
— E.Taft Benson

Walter McGinnis wrote:

Just a quick link to some example code that may help you:

http://github.com/kete/kete/blob/master/app/views/search/_results.rhtml

lines 43 - 63ish

Pay particular attention to lines 61 and 62.

Hope that helps,
Walter

Hi Walter, thanks for your reply

My original code were like this post, with it, only show the last result
of my query, like this:

 @map = GMap.new("map_div_id")
 @map.control_init(:large_map => true, :map_type => true)
 @map.center_zoom_init([40.41,-3.70], 4)

 for lab in @laboratories do
     html = gethtmlmap(lab)
     c1, c2 = lab.coords.split(",")

      marker = GMarker.new([c1.to_i,c2.to_i],
     :title => lab.name, :info_window => html)
      @map.overlay_init(marker)
 end

I don’t know what is wrong.

Thanks!

Hmm, I don’t see an obvious cause for the problem. I would chuck in a
debug on @map and perhaps marker objects to see what they look like.

One difference that my code has (in the controller where @map object
is initialized) is that it uses this:

@map.center_zoom_on_points_init(*@coordinates_for_results)

I would say that implies that it can handle multiple markers, but if
it is what turns on support for multiple markers it’s pretty
unexpected.

Hope this helps,
Walter

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Walter McGinnis
[email protected] wrote:

One difference that my code has (in the controller where @map object
is initialized) is that it uses this:

@map.center_zoom_on_points_init(*@coordinates_for_results)

This indeed is the source of your problem I think. You code centers on
one specific point with a zoom level of 4. If your markers don’t fall
within the map’s area as centered around this point at this zoom
level, they appear to not exist. However, they are simply not
visible.

To test my theory, simply try zooming out and see if the other markers
appear.

With multiple markers you almost certainly want to use the
center_zoom_on_points_init method to get a map that will show all
points. There is a decent walk through of the process here:

http://www.codequest.eu/articles/google-maps-rails-and-solr-spatial-search

Cheers,
Walter

Walter McGinnis wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Walter McGinnis
[email protected] wrote:

One difference that my code has (in the controller where @map object
is initialized) is that it uses this:

@map.center_zoom_on_points_init(*@coordinates_for_results)

This indeed is the source of your problem I think. You code centers on
one specific point with a zoom level of 4. If your markers don’t fall
within the map’s area as centered around this point at this zoom
level, they appear to not exist. However, they are simply not
visible.

To test my theory, simply try zooming out and see if the other markers
appear.

With multiple markers you almost certainly want to use the
center_zoom_on_points_init method to get a map that will show all
points. There is a decent walk through of the process here:

http://www.codequest.eu/articles/google-maps-rails-and-solr-spatial-search

Cheers,
Walter

Hi Walter!
Thanks for your reply.

I tried with zoom level 0 and only display the last result of the
recordset :-S

I will read this article and try again.

Thanks!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs