XTEA Cryptography Algorithm

Some one know if ruby has any implementation of XTEA algorithm?

I have a hardware connect on a serial port that uses this cryptography.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Datum: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:16:05 +0900
Von: Diego B. [email protected]
An: [email protected]
Betreff: XTEA Cryptography Algorithm

Some one know if ruby has any implementation of XTEA algorithm?

I have a hardware connect on a serial port that uses this cryptography.

Dear Diego,

you could easily adapt the C code given on the Wikipedia page.
Ruby supports bit-level operations on numbers, and the operator symbols
for those operations are the same as in C …
or you could use ffi
(http://blog.headius.com/2008/10/ffi-for-ruby-now-available.html) to use
Ruby to wrap the C code given there right away.

Best regards,

Axel

The implementation I’ve used in the past came from here -
http://www.jools.net/projects/ruby/crypto/

For some reason Firefox doesn’t like that site at the moment (claims
it’s a
phising site or something) - so here is a gist with the module

John

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Diego B.