XMPP4R is a Ruby library for the Jabber/XMPP instant messaging protocol.
Version 0.3 brings a lot of new features and fixes. The release has been
delayed by a redesign process, thus the class and module names of
additional features have changed. Updaters are advised to read the
included UPDATING document.
From the ChangeLog:
- SRV lookup capability in Client#connect
- Stringprep support for JIDs
- TLS & SASL support
- Basic Dataforms support
- Multi-User Chat Helpers
- Helpers for File-Transfer, SOCKS5 Bytestreams, In-Band Bytestreams
- Roster helper has modified subscription-request semantics (see
- A lot of features have renamed namespaces (see UPDATING file)
Pointers for further information:
- XMPP4R Homepage: http://home.gna.org/xmpp4r/
- Downloads: http://download.gna.org/xmpp4r/
- API reference: http://home.gna.org/xmpp4r/rdoc/
Please report any bugs to the xmpp4r-devel mailing list.