Xmlsimple warning

Hi All,

Anyone know how to fix the below warnings which I get when I run most
if not all of the ./script executables, some googling reveals the odd
mention of it but I haven’t seen a good fix for it.

It’s not causing any functional issues for me (so far), just damn
annoying…

Thanks,
Stephen

[email protected]:~/www/myproj$ ./script/server
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:275: warning: already initialized
constant KNOWN_OPTIONS
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:280: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_KEY_ATTRIBUTES
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:281: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_ROOT_NAME
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:282: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_CONTENT_KEY
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:283: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_XML_DECLARATION
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:284: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_ANONYMOUS_TAG
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:285: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_FORCE_ARRAY
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:286: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_INDENTATION
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlsimple.rb:287: warning: already initialized
constant DEF_KEY_TO_SYMBOL
=> Booting WEBrick…

I am also newbies for rails too.
I found an information at
http://www.unwin.org/ruby_on_rails/tips/xml_simple_already_initialized_constant_warnings.html

But this is not solve my problem too.
I tried to uninstall flickr but it also not solve.

Best try it first.

On Nov 11, 5:29 am, Mathematician [email protected] wrote:

I am also newbies for rails too.
I found an information athttp://www.unwin.org/ruby_on_rails/tips/xml_simple_already_initialize…

But this is not solve my problem too.
I tried to uninstall flickr but it also not solve.

I found the problem on my system to be slightly different than the one
described in the link. The
conflict was due to xmlsimple.rb being included as well as lib/
xmlsimple.rb which is nothing more
than a link to the original file.

The following script worked for me:

#!/bin/sh

cd /usr/lib/ruby/1.8
if [ -h lib/xmlsimple.rb ]
then
mv lib/xmlsimple.rb lib/xmlsimple.rb.old
mv xmlsimple.rb lib/.
cat > xmlsimple.rb <<!
require ‘lib/xmlsimple.rb’
!
else
echo pwd/lib/xmlsimple.rb is not a link. Exiting.
fi

Thanks people! The script worked me just fine!

Outstanding thanks for the replies guys!

Phil your script fixed it for me, cheers!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs