XML-RPC Compatability


#1

I know that this isn’t a Ruby subject, but since my XML-RPC server is
hosted using Ruby’s implementation I figured someone might run across
this sooner or later. I am able to talk to it using various clients
based in Ruby, Smalltalk, and Python. But using Java clients I kept on
getting null responses back from its parser classes. This was trying an
adaptation of the Apache XML-RPC 1.0 library and kXML-RPC. If anyone
runs into similar compatibility issues perhaps check out my thread
posted to c.l.j.p newsgroup -->
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/dc1ba373f3d4db03/17afabae3212fe19#17afabae3212fe19.
After a week of banging my head against the wall and viewing XML-RPC
traffic with a sniffer I finally got things working…