withgetting a desktop client to access it via xmlrpc, however I get
thefollowing error. It seems like something internal to my ruby
install(mostly from gem, but on ubuntu dapper). If someone could point
me inthe right direction that would be great, if its a typo issue,
I’llopen a ticket in trac, but I wanted to make sure this was not just
onmy machine.
Cheers,Kevin K.
Internal protocol error: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It mustbe
either a String, IO, StringIO or Source.
Backtrace:/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:133:in
stream='/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:100:ininitialize’/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parsers/streamparser.rb:6:in
initialize'/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/document.rb:173:inparse_stream’/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/parser.rb:717:in
parse'/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/parser.rb:475:inparseMethodCall’/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/marshal.rb:63:in
load_call'/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/marshal.rb:32:inload_call’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.0.0/lib/action_web_service/protocol/xmlrpc_protocol.rb:36:indecode_request'/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.0.0/lib/action_web_service/protocol/xmlrpc_protocol.rb:32:indecode_action_pack_request’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.0.0/lib/action_web_service/protocol/discovery.rb:20:indiscover_web_service_request'/usr/lib/ruby! /gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.0.0/lib/action_web_service/protocol/discovery.rb:18:indiscover_web_service_request’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.0.0/lib/action_web_service/dispatcher/action_controller_dispatcher.rb:44:indispatch_web_service_request' (eval):1:inxmlrpc’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:853:inperform_action_without_filters'/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:332:inperform_action_without_benchmark’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:inmeasure’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue'/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:inperform_action’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:36!
9:inprocess_without_session_management_support'/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:116:inprocess’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:indispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:141:inprocess_request’/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:53:inprocess!' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:ineach_cgi’/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in
each_cgi'/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:52:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:22:in`process!’
/var/www/typo/public/dispatch.fcgi:24

That looks like a problem with your setup. None of the code there is
from Typo, it’s all from rails+dependencies.

Ok, cool, that’s what I thought. It actually seems to be an issue
withwritely’s implementation of the mt API. I’ll file a bug with them.
Cheers,Kevin K.
On 3/12/06, Kevin B. [email protected] wrote:> That looks like a
problem with your setup. None of the code there is> from Typo, it’s all
from rails+dependencies.>> On Mar 12, 2006, at 8:56 AM, Kevin K.
wrote:>> > Hey, I recently started running the SVN of Typo and was
fiddling> > withgetting a desktop client to access it via xmlrpc,
however I get> > thefollowing error. It seems like something internal to
my ruby> > install(mostly from gem, but on ubuntu dapper). If someone
could> > point me inthe right direction that would be great, if its a
typo> > issue, I’llopen a ticket in trac, but I wanted to make sure
this> > was not just onmy machine.>> → Kevin B.> [email protected]>
http://kevin.sb.org> http://www.tildesoft.com>>>>>
_______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list>
[email protected]>
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>>>