Wsdl2ruby generating broken ruby code


#1

The piece of schema below is producing a broken ruby class (further
below) — note that the fields messageResourceFactory and
propertyMessageResourcesFactory (from the xs:choice elements above) are
defined multiple times both as fields and in the parameter list for the
initialize method. It looks like no changes have been made to soap4r
since
2007 — I’m wondering if anyone knows how to deal with this problem,
it’s a
showstopper issue for us — means we can’t support ruby, which we
really
want to do.

Thanks in advance,
David J.on


<xs:complexType name=“messageResources” abstract=“true”>
xs:sequence
xs:choice
<xs:element ref=“tns:messageResourcesFactory”/>
<xs:element ref=“tns:propertyMessageResourcesFactory”/>
</xs:choice>
<xs:element name=“config” type=“xs:string” minOccurs=“0”/>
xs:choice
<xs:element ref=“tns:messageResourcesFactory”/>
<xs:element ref=“tns:propertyMessageResourcesFactory”/>
</xs:choice>
<xs:element name=“formats” type=“ns1:slGenericHashMap”
minOccurs=“0”/>
<xs:element name=“returnNull” type=“xs:boolean”/>
<xs:element name=“escape” type=“xs:boolean”/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>


class MessageResources
attr_accessor :messageResourcesFactory
attr_accessor :propertyMessageResourcesFactory
attr_accessor :config
attr_accessor :messageResourcesFactory
attr_accessor :propertyMessageResourcesFactory
attr_accessor :formats
attr_accessor :returnNull
attr_accessor :escape

def initialize(messageResourcesFactory = nil,
propertyMessageResourcesFactory = nil, config = nil,
messageResourcesFactory
= nil, propertyMessageResourcesFactory = nil, formats = nil, returnNull

nil, escape = nil)
@messageResourcesFactory = messageResourcesFactory
@propertyMessageResourcesFactory = propertyMessageResourcesFactory
@config = config
@messageResourcesFactory = messageResourcesFactory
@propertyMessageResourcesFactory = propertyMessageResourcesFactory
@formats = formats
@returnNull = returnNull
@escape = escape
end
end


#2

On Mar 4, 2009, at 10:23, David J.on wrote:

showstopper issue for us — means we can’t support ruby, which we
really
want to do.

Did you file a bug or check the tracker to see if it has been fixed?

$ gem list -dr soap4r

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

soap4r (1.5.8)
Author: NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
Homepage: http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r

 An implementation of SOAP 1.1 for Ruby.

Try that link


#3

Thanks for responding — the first thing I did was go to that page (I
was
already using 1.5.8) and noted that (a) there were quite a few bug
reports
there and (b) there have been no updates since 2007. I did not file a
bug
immediately because (since I’m not an expert), I wanted to first check
within the community to see if this was something already know, or
whether I
was doing something wrong (Always a possibilty).

D

“Eric H.” removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote in message
news:removed_email_address@domain.invalid…