Wired News Article on USRP and GNU Radio

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70933-0.html?tw=wn_index_1

Great article, Matt, congratulations - that would spread the software
radio
work even more.

As much as it regards the freedom on bands, well it’s a dream in my
opinion,
cause, as every freedom, it would be very easy to turn it into the
adavantage of few individuals with a loose ethical sense. I mean that
freedom is based on each other’s respect, and this is something that
even
the most civilized society cannot still count on.

Just as an example I can think about the ham radio bands, whithin which
there is enough freedom, with only a few gentlemen agreements to
respect.
Well, you prefectly know how many individuals cannot cope even with
these
simple not written rules, and we’re talking about a hobby - think about
something that is business related and a greater form of freedom will
soon
turn into an advantage for those that circumvent rules as a lifestlyle.

Neverthless I am a dreamer, and I hope that sooner or later we will
arrive
to that better sense of civil respect, where we will effectively need
few
regulations, because we will be able to auto regulate on the base of the
good common sense, always keeping an eye on the fact that our freedom
ends
where the one of our neighbour begins.

ciao
Matteo