Windows status

What is the status of GnuRadio, UHD, and GRC on Windows?

Marcus L.
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium

Marcus D. Leech wrote:

What is the status of GnuRadio, UHD, and GRC on Windows?

I use GNU Radio (with USRP1 and wxgui) regularly on Windows with Cygwin
and
MinGW. I try to test new releases and keep the wiki instructions for
building from tarballs up to date.

I have not tried to build UHD, GRC, USRP2, or qtgui.

Josh B. recently reported that the core of GNU Radio can be built with
native Microsoft tools, but an extra effort will be needed to include
(and
maintain) symbol import/export declarations in the code.

– Don W.

I compiled a native win32 DLL from the gnuradio-3.2.2 branch. It has all
methods from the gnuradio-core module exported to a generic
gnuradio-core.lib and it can be linked to gnuradio-core.dll. No cygwin
or cygwin libraries are needed.
However, there is the lack of speed. I don’t know why but Windows is
very slow.
I also succeed with native win32 UHD. It really works great, slows
because of Windows, but great.

Regards.