I am newer to here & to Ruby generally.
But have got a problem while trying to set up Ruby, Rails & MySQL.
- Installed Ruby
- Installed Rails
- Installed RadRails
- In RadRails created Rails project ‘test’. While creating, checked
- Generate Rails application sceleton
- Create a WEBrick server
- In RadRails generated ‘mycontroller’ controller. While was creating
it, got a
message in Console “./script/…/config/boot.rb:29:Warning:
obsolete. Use gem instead.”. But creating was successfull.
- In RadRails generated ‘mymodel’ model. Got the same message in
creating was successfull as well.
- Started WEBrick server on port 3000. Checked by
- Edited mycontroller_controller.rb:
“class MycontrollerController < ApplicationController
render_text “My Controller is working”
Checked by http://localhost:3000/mycontroller. Working!
- Installed MySQL. While was installing checked ‘off’ the box with
login & pass requiremts of the server. When started MySQL Command Line
client, it asks for the password
- Installed HeidiSQL.
- While WEBrick server is running on port 3000, was trying to connect
by HeidiSQL to:
…and got an SQL Error: “Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘localhost’
Can’t understand where my problem is. Could somebody possibly advice me
what to do?