Windows Repository

This is my situation. I have one machine called mygemserver and I’ve
created a folder that can be accessed with window explorer like this:
\mygemserver\builds
and like this: http://mygemserver/mygemserver/builds/

Then I’ve created a folder inside builds and put in there my gems:
MYGEM-2.7.0.0.gem
MYGEM-3.0.0.0.gem

Then I did this on command line from my computer:

gem install builder

gem generate_index -d \mygemserver\builds\

gem sources --add http://mygemsserver/mygemserver/builds/

Everything without any error.

Now when I run in command line from my computer:
gem list MYGEM --remote

it is there… but when I try
gem install MYGEM
or
gem install MYGEM --remote

it says: ERROR: Could not find gem MYGEM locally or in a repository

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks.

I don’t know much about Gem hosting, but don’t you need a gem server to
do
it? I didn’t think you could just map a directory to gem sources and
have
it work.

-Nick K.

Well I’m not only mapping a folder… and doing everything like a i said
in the first post and even I can list it but not install it :frowning:

Nick K. wrote in post #1031570:

I don’t know much about Gem hosting, but don’t you need a gem server to
do
it? I didn’t think you could just map a directory to gem sources and
have
it work.

-Nick K.

It is weird because it says also
ERROR: Possible alternatives: MYGEM

I was trying to do this without using gem server

Nick K. wrote in post #1031868:

Maybe I’m missing something, but all of the steps you outline are things
that running a gem server should do for you. Have you run gem server
from that machine or geminabox(GitHub - tomlea/geminabox: Really simple rubygem hosting)?

-Nick K.

Nick K. wrote in post #1031868:

Maybe I’m missing something, but all of the steps you outline are
things that running a gem server should do for you. Have you run gem server from that machine or
geminabox(GitHub - tomlea/geminabox: Really simple rubygem hosting)?

-Nick K.

Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu’ IMAP, POP3 e
SMTP autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Capodanno al parco Oltremare Riccione: Pacchetto hotel 3 stelle in
centro + ingresso al parco.

[...]

Riccione Hotel 3 stelle in centro: Pacchetto Capodanno mezza pensione,
animazione bimbi, zona relax, parcheggio. Scopri l’offerta solo per
oggi…
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid982&d)-12