Windows question

Anybody else get this?

C:>gem install redcar --pre
JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full
support.
http://jruby.kenai.com/pages/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
ERROR: While executing gem … (IOError)
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

[1.4.0]
-r

Hi Roger,

If you supply -d switch, you’ll be able to see better stacktrace and
where the error happens.

I did that and inserted some debug output, and the files that are
being attempted to read are indeed very strange:

“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Preferences/Indentation
Rules.plist”
“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Preferences/Symbol
List: Indent Class Methods.tmPreferences”
“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Preferences/Template:cast
typing pairs.plist”
“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Snippets/#endif.plist”
“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Snippets/#ifndef
\342\200\246 #define \342\200\246 #endif.tmSnippet”
“D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Snippets/#include
“” (inc).plist”
ERROR: While executing gem … (IOError)

Thanks,
–Vladimir

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Roger P. [email protected]
wrote:

-r

Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

wierd… Redcar has textmate bundle stuff built in? THose are mac
specific… Seems odd that they would be there (But I don’t know what
redcar is)

Jay

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Vladimir S. [email protected]
wrote:

"D:/work/jruby-dev/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/redcar-0.2.9dev/textmate/Bundles/C.tmbundle/Preferences/Symbol
Thanks,

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Jay McGaffigan wrote:

wierd… Redcar has textmate bundle stuff built in? THose are mac
specific… Seems odd that they would be there (But I don’t know what
redcar is)

Hi,

the files included in redcar from textmate seem to have names that
Windows isn’t happy with. We think it’s simple to fix, just rename all
the files to have cross-platform safe names. That is what we plan to do
before we release the first JRuby version of redcar.

Jay: Redcar is a cross-platform text editor written in JRuby, that makes
use of Textmate’s themes and snippets. (Except we are in the middle of
porting to JRuby, so not all the features work.)

thanks,
Dan

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Daniel L. [email protected]
wrote:

the files included in redcar from textmate seem to have names that
Windows isn’t happy with. We think it’s simple to fix, just rename all
the files to have cross-platform safe names. That is what we plan to do
before we release the first JRuby version of redcar.

Jay: Redcar is a cross-platform text editor written in JRuby, that makes
use of Textmate’s themes and snippets. (Except we are in the middle of
porting to JRuby, so not all the features work.)

Thanks for the info Dan. If you see anything we could fix on the JRuby
side, let us know (like any way we could handle those paths better, or
something).

  • Charlie

To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Daniel L. [email protected]
wrote:

Jay: Redcar is a cross-platform text editor written in JRuby, that makes
use of Textmate’s themes and snippets. (Except we are in the middle of
porting to JRuby, so not all the features work.)

WHOA!!! The whole text editor? I find it very exciting, and you got my
attention for sure.

As Charlie said, anything that needs improvement/tweaks/fixes on JRuby
side – just ask! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
–Vladimir


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Charles Nutter wrote:

Thanks for the info Dan. If you see anything we could fix on the JRuby
side, let us know (like any way we could handle those paths better, or
something).

  • Charlie

Thanks headius. So far everything has been remarkably smooth. Going from
these install instructions:
http://github.com/danlucraft/redcar/blob/gtk-head/INSTALL.md

to sudo gem install redcar

has been particularly awesome.

thanks,
Dan