wilson version 1.1.0 has been released!
Wilson is a pure ruby x86 assembler. No, really. Worst Idea Evar.
Why “wilson”? I wanted to name it “metal”, but there is an existing
project with that name… So I’m naming it after Wilson B., who
is about as metal as you can get (and it is easier to spell than
“bilkovich”, even tho that sounds more metal).
1.1.0 / 2009-05-08
1 major enhancement:
- Added Object#asm for inline assembly. 100% ruby, no C.
7 minor enhancements:
- Added arg(n) for cleanly accessing ruby arguments.
- Added debugging output if $DEBUG.
- Added defasm and asm test cases.
- Added from_ruby and sped up to_ruby a teeny amount.
- Improved benchmark code
- Refactored ASM DSL to Object#assemble.
- Sped up tests a fair amount by optimizing supportsProcessor.
2 bug fixes:
- Found a bug in the nasm manual that wilson parses. Fixed SAR.
- Found a bug in the nasm manual that wilson parses. Fixed cmp.