Where to rent the best dedicated servers?

Sorry, I really don’t know where else to ask.

I’ve been using Staminus for a while now and I’ve had it with the
downtime.

Basically I want a place to host my Ruby on Rails / Git projects, an IRC
server as well as an internet radio channel.

Simple website / control panel design is ofcourse a plus. None of that
cpanel bullshit though, I prefer to meddle around with simple text files
the way it’s meant to be done.

So, layeredtech.com? rackspace.com?

And is there a place that reviews dedicated server providers?

Thanks,
Kyrre

My buddy owns Techiemedia.com - I have multiple servers: dual core
xeon, 4gb ram, 5mb, dual sas drives, etc. Comes managed, although, I
hate other people managing my servers. If you want a great deal, send
me an email and I’ll see what I can get ya.

Nah, actually, its website design (which gives me a good idea of the
rest of the service) kinda put me off. You might want to pass the
following message on to your buddy:

“The environment in which products and services or sold often have a
greater impact on the customer than the actual products or services
themselves.” --designcouncil.org.uk

Kyrre

From: Bill M. [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:28 am
Subject: Re: Where to rent the best dedicated servers?
To: Kyrre NygÃ¥rd [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected]

On Mar 24, 6:24 pm, “Kyrre Nygård” [email protected] wrote:

Excellent choice…

But so far it looks like I’ll be going forhttp://www.m5hosting.com.

At cari.net, for $60/month, you’ll get 5 times the bandwidth and 3
times the disk space than the one at m5 for $89/month.

www.orion-hosting.co.uk offer ow cost VPS and fantastic service. It’s a
small company, so when you talk to them you’re dealing with real people
not
a corporate blob :slight_smile:

Gareth Howells, DipHE (Dunelm), BCS
CEO, GForce Industries