Where can I get up to date instantrails?

Hi, can someone please tell me where can I find up-to-date instantrails
(with rails 2.38, ruby 1.8.7) … ?
Thanks for any help
Dani

I don’t believe InstantRails is being maintained anymore. You can look
at
BitNami’s Ruby Stack, or VirtualRails(it runs as a VM)

Jason

Hi,

InstantRails has been embeded in Aptana for now :
http://www.aptana.com/

thank you all.

Aptana (RadRails) is an IDE. I’m looking for a ready package to install,
soeting like InstantRails, but uptodate.
Any ideas ?.
regards,
Dani

Hum, in fact this is RadRails, and not InstantRails

On 10 August 2010 06:12, Dani D. [email protected] wrote:

thank you all.

Aptana (RadRails) is an IDE. I’m looking for a ready package to install,
soeting like InstantRails, but uptodate.
Any ideas ?.

As Jason suggested, VirtualRails (http://www.virtualrails.org/) may be
a good way to go.

Colin

Dani D. wrote:

Hi, can someone please tell me where can I find up-to-date instantrails
(with rails 2.38, ruby 1.8.7) … ?
Thanks for any help
Dani

You can just install instant rails and ‘gem update…’ and you should
get what you want. I have done that with minimal effort and updated as
far as RoR 2.2.2 (maybe further, I do not really remember and if I did I
decided to use the 2.2.2 version).

Norm

hey dani can you please tell how you do that in a explained way i am in
the
same situation

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Dani D. [email protected]
wrote:

ruby to 1.8.7. from 1.8.6.
Dani
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Norm S. wrote:

You can just install instant rails and ‘gem update…’ and you should
get what you want. I have done that with minimal effort and updated as
far as RoR 2.2.2 (maybe further, I do not really remember and if I did I
decided to use the 2.2.2 version).

Norm

Thank you Norm.
I was looking to upgrade my InstantRails to rails 2.3.8 from 2.3.5 and
ruby to 1.8.7. from 1.8.6.
Now I have managed to do it. I have first upgraded gem to 1.3.7,
upgraded
ruby directly to x:\rails\ruby directory (windows), and at last “gem
update rails” has done the rest - rails 2.3.8.

Now I have the environment I was looking for:
Rails 2.3.8
Ruby 1.8.7
Thank you again.

Dani

kannav rajeev wrote:

hey dani can you please tell how you do that in a explained way i am in
the
same situation

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Dani D. [email protected]
wrote:

ruby to 1.8.7. from 1.8.6.
Dani
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Hi Rajeev,
First I upgraded gem to 1.3.7 - ‘gem update’, then downloaded ruby 1.8.7
expanded it and copied the exe file to ‘x:\rails\ruby’ directory and run
it there, then run - ‘gem update rails’ which upgraded to version 2.3.8.
Hope this helps.

Dani

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs