What version of Ruby does/will Rails 3 require?

What version of Ruby does or will Rails 3 require?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Matt S. [email protected] wrote:

What version of Ruby does or will Rails 3 require?

Matt, Rails 3 requires Ruby 1.8.7 at the absolute minimum but works
best with Ruby 1.9.2.

Good luck,

-Conrad

I don’t think Ruby 1.9 is ready for production. Neither do @wycats
http://twitter.com/wycats/status/13314233693

And, I guess, making a project on Rails 3 is risky too. Too many bugs
for
now

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email protected]wrote:

Marnen, I have also been using 1.9.1 for over a year and the Rails core
team recommends Ruby 1.9.2. Thus, I have recently started using Ruby
1.9.2 with Rails 2.3.5 on a new project for the last 2 months. I must
say
that things look very very good. Also, this will make it much easier to
migrate to Rails 3.0 when it’s ready and gem dependencies are met for
the
application.

-Conrad

Vladimir R. wrote:

I don’t think Ruby 1.9 is ready for production. Neither do @wycats
http://twitter.com/wycats/status/13314233693

That tweet refers to 1.9.1, and implies that 1.9.2 is ready for
production.

I’d like to know what Yehuda meant, though. Lots of people have been
using 1.9.1 for quite a while.

And, I guess, making a project on Rails 3 is risky too. Too many bugs
for
now

Yeah. It is prerelease software.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Conrad T. wrote:

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
[email protected]wrote:

Marnen, I have also been using 1.9.1 for over a year and the Rails core
team recommends Ruby 1.9.2. Thus, I have recently started using Ruby
1.9.2 with Rails 2.3.5 on a new project for the last 2 months. I must
say
that things look very very good. Also, this will make it much easier to
migrate to Rails 3.0 when it’s ready and gem dependencies are met for
the
application.

Good to know! I’m still using 1.8, but the time to switch seems to be
very close indeed.

-Conrad

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Vladimir R.
[email protected]wrote:

I don’t think Ruby 1.9 is ready for production. Neither do @wycats
http://twitter.com/wycats/status/13314233693

Vladimir, here’s the current schedule for Ruby 1.9.2 and this looks very
promising:

http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/03/ruby-192-schedule

-Conrad