Weird Error


#1

I am trying to use RJS to insert a paragraph within a div. I just moved
my development from Mac to Win XP (I don’t know if that has anything to
do with it). It was working on my Mac. The link (that is generated by
Rails) is right, but when it is clicked nothing happens. When I look at
the Webrick console log I see:

"… “POST /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink HTTP/1.1” 500 13309

  • -> /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink"

I don’t know if it has something to do with me using modules in my
controller but that is the only thing I changed when I started
development over.

Thanks for the help…

Seth


#2

Seth B. wrote:

I am trying to use RJS to insert a paragraph within a div. I just moved
my development from Mac to Win XP (I don’t know if that has anything to
do with it). It was working on my Mac. The link (that is generated by
Rails) is right, but when it is clicked nothing happens. When I look at
the Webrick console log I see:

"… “POST /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink HTTP/1.1” 500 13309

  • -> /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink"

I don’t know if it has something to do with me using modules in my
controller but that is the only thing I changed when I started
development over.

Thanks for the help…

Seth

That output is normal. It’s just documenting the request and response.
Open up log/development.log to see the real log file.

Also, install the Firebug extension for firefox and see exactly whats in
your AJAX requests and responses. Its gonna help you out big time.


#3

Alex W. wrote:

Seth B. wrote:

I am trying to use RJS to insert a paragraph within a div. I just moved
my development from Mac to Win XP (I don’t know if that has anything to
do with it). It was working on my Mac. The link (that is generated by
Rails) is right, but when it is clicked nothing happens. When I look at
the Webrick console log I see:

"… “POST /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink HTTP/1.1” 500 13309

  • -> /worm/in_your_classroom/add_iyc_rlink"

I don’t know if it has something to do with me using modules in my
controller but that is the only thing I changed when I started
development over.

Thanks for the help…

Seth

That output is normal. It’s just documenting the request and response.
Open up log/development.log to see the real log file.

Also, install the Firebug extension for firefox and see exactly whats in
your AJAX requests and responses. Its gonna help you out big time.

Thanks Alex.

I assumed (as always) that the 500 was meaning “Internal Server Error”
and didn’t even look in the log file. Man do I feel stupid. I just
forgot to include a helper from the application I converted. It
works…

Thanks again.

Seth