Websockets

Hi!

According to the roadmap at http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/roadmap, the
support for websockets is planned for release in 2 month. Is there any
preview code available yet? It would be nice to start playing with this
feature early on.

Since this is going to be used in my pet project the possible
instability doesn’t scare me much.

Hi Nick,

On 12/16/12 11:58 AM, Nick Zavaritsky wrote:

Hi!

According to the roadmap at http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/roadmap,
the support for websockets is planned for release in 2 month. Is
there any preview code available yet? It would be nice to start
playing with this feature early on.

The roadmap is correct but no such code available yet. Ping us
again in mid-January.


Maxim K.
+7 (910) 4293178
http://nginx.com/support.html

On 17/12/2012 08:29, Maxim K. wrote:

The roadmap is correct but no such code available yet. Ping us
again in mid-January.

I want to use websockets also, and found
http://yaoweibin.github.com/nginx_tcp_proxy_module/ which may provide
web-sockets now.

I have only got as far as compiling it into 1.2.6 - so no testing done
yet.

Regards

Ian


Ian H.
31 Sheerwater, Northampton NN3 5HU,
Tel: 01604 513875
Preparing eBooks for Kindle and ePub formats to give the best reader
experience.

On 16/12/2012 07:58, Nick Zavaritsky wrote:

Hi!

According to the roadmap at http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/roadmap, the support for
websockets is planned for release in 2 month. Is there any preview code available
yet? It would be nice to start playing with this feature early on.

Since this is going to be used in my pet project the possible instability
doesn’t scare me much.


Further information from my testing. It appears that using
nginx-tcp-proxy-module can only handle websockets on a different port to
http traffic. :frowning:

This is no use to me. Many of our potential users are commercial and
lock down outgoing ports to 80 and 443 only.

Does anyone connected with the development of the new software know if
it will enable nginx to separate websocket and other traffic by domain
name.

I expected to use a sub-domain rather than location for connections that
are to be upgraded to websockets. That will start things off properly -
after that the link is the link, so the sub-domain is not relevant. (Or
is my understanding of networking faulty?)

thanks

Ian

+1 for websocket waiting list…

On Dec 20, 2012, at 0:02, Ian H. [email protected] wrote:

This is no use to me. Many of our potential users are commercial and lock down
outgoing ports to 80 and 443 only.

Does anyone connected with the development of the new software know if it will
enable nginx to separate websocket and other traffic by domain name.

Our implementation will be fully compatible with the existing proxy_pass
semantics, including upstream server groups, load balancing etc.

I expected to use a sub-domain rather than location for connections that are to
be upgraded to websockets.

That should be ok.

Btw, we still have one sponsorship seat vacant. Email to nginx-inquiries
at nginx dot com if this something that might be interesting for you
guys.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs