Webrick suddenly down w/bad redirection - look familiar?

Has anybody seen this?
“Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
this
address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
accept cookies.”
I’ve checked the cookies and that’s not it. This is a webrick server
running on localhost under Radrails. It was working well, and I’ve
backed
out of recent changes, still I get the error. I deleted the server and
made a new one and restarted it. I’m able to display regular html. Does
this ring any bells for anyone? THANKS