Web archive for ruby newsgroup

Just live:

Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because we
do not show messages without a reply. :wink:

ruby.equanimity.nl

Regards,

Ward

And now with clickable link :wink:

http://ruby.equanimity.nl

On 2008-02-25 20:10:04 +0100, Ward B. [email protected]
said:

On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Ward B. wrote:

Just live:

Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because
we do not show messages without a reply. :wink:

ruby.equanimity.nl

How is it better than:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml

Search seems broken, I get 0 hits for my name, but nearly 4000 results
on the official archive.

Hoi!

  • Ward B., 2008-02-26, 04:14:

ruby.equanimity.nl

Images for RoR and Ubuntu yield

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/0.5.26

Search for message numbers fails

Tot lezens,

Josef ‘Jupp’ Schugt

The name of the poster is not indexed currently. Only message body &
subject are. I believe it’s not really needed. I’m pondering if I
should make a top x of posters page, but for now it’s more important to
get a bigger set of past usenet messages.

Regards,

Ward

On 2008-02-25 20:42:22 +0100, Aria S. [email protected] said:

Search seems broken, I get 0 hits for my name, but nearly 4000
results on the official archive.

Ditto.

On Feb 25, 11:10 am, Ward B. [email protected] wrote:

Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because we
do not show messages without a reply. :wink:

ruby.equanimity.nl

I’m guessing it hasn’t indexed many messages yet? I get only two hits
for the word “duck”. :wink:

At any rate, I can see how something like this could potentially
evolve into something useful, although I agree with Eric H. that
you’ve got some work in front of you to make it better (for some
purposes) than either blade or the Google G. interface.


Regards,

John W.

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 15:24 +0900, Ward B. wrote:

The name of the poster is not indexed currently. Only message body &
subject are. I believe it’s not really needed. I’m pondering if I
should make a top x of posters page, but for now it’s more important to
get a bigger set of past usenet messages.

Ah, I guess in these days of google to expect full-text search by
default. I know I definitely search the archive by name often –
Neukirchen, Fernandez, I’m often looking for a certain someone’s work.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM, John W. [email protected]
wrote:

I’m guessing it hasn’t indexed many messages yet? I get only two hits
for the word “duck”. :wink:

At any rate, I can see how something like this could potentially
evolve into something useful, although I agree with Eric H. that
you’ve got some work in front of you to make it better (for some
purposes) than either blade or the Google G. interface.

Or Nabble, or gmane, or any of the countless other tools that already
do this quite nicely.

  • Rob

http://robsanheim.com