Wbx

At long last, the WBX is now available. It covers 50 MHz to 2.2 GHz.
The introductory price is $400 which includes an LNA/filter board and an
MCX to SMA-bulkhead cable.

After the initial batch is gone, the price will be changing to $450 to
reflect the increased costs and capabilities associated with the
improved specs since our redesign for coverage to 2.2 GHz.

Orders can be placed through http://ettus.com

More details and more detailed specs will follow in the next few days.

Thanks,
Matt E.

Matt E. wrote:

Orders can be placed through http://ettus.com

More details and more detailed specs will follow in the next few days.

Thanks,
Matt E.

thanks Matt =) i been waiting so long for this…

Adib

http://old.nabble.com/WBX-tp27150807p27156015.html

From: Matt E. [email protected]

At long last, the WBX is now available.

Great news.

More details and more detailed specs will follow in the next few days.

Sorry, cannot wait !!.

Ettus website says it is full duplex. Gnuradio code says it is
half-duplex. Which one is right?

Best Regards,

Firas

Have any other specs changed besides the extension to 2.2Ghz (e.g. the
old transceiver brochure specified 100mW TX power)?

It will do 50-100mW up to 1 GHz and and 30-50 mW above 1 GHz. It also
has transmitter power control, so you can reduce output power.

Matt

Hi Matt…
first, congratulations for the jewel… :slight_smile: 50 M → 2.2 G wow… :slight_smile:
how many do you have in stock?
do you expect to run out of WBXes within the next few days?

vincenzo

2010/1/14 Firas A. [email protected]

On 01/13/2010 12:01 PM, Gregory M. wrote:

Before I pull the trigger on an order I just wanted to confirm that
its expected that the WBX will be usable with the USRP1.

Thanks!

Yes, the WBX works with the USRP1, and the driver is ready and in the
Git tree. It does not YET work with the USRP2, but will as soon as the
driver is written.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Is there an approximate release date for USRP2 driver?

Also, which type of antenna do you suggest for the WBX.

Thanks,

Veljko

2010/1/13 Matt E. [email protected]:

On 01/14/2010 03:38 AM, Vincenzo P. wrote:

Hi Matt…
first, congratulations for the jewel… :slight_smile: 50 M --> 2.2 G wow… :slight_smile:
how many do you have in stock?
do you expect to run out of WBXes within the next few days?

Not in the next few days, but we are seeing a lot of orders. Some of
the parts are in short supply so we aren’t able to build them as fast as
we would like.

Matt

On 01/14/2010 05:52 PM, Veljko P. wrote:

Veljko

Really, if you’re going to be using the full range of the WBX, you
should probably use something
like a discone antenna for Rx, but for xmit, you really want
something that offers a low VSWR
at the operating frequency, and it’s really hard to get an
efficient antenna that works
reasonably well for Tx over the entire range of the WBX.

Antennae like the LP026, I believe, use an collinear-coaxial approach to
providing coverage
over a couple of discrete bands. This “trick” doesn’t work that well
for continuous low-VSWR
coverage over many many octaves of bandwidth (for the WBX, we’re
talking a high:low
wavelength ratio of 44:1 !!!).

Up to the low-end of UHF frequencies, one might consider a TV
log-periodic.

Cheers
Marcus

The Vert400 antenna will work well over several separate bands:

118-160MHz, 250-290MHz,
360-390MHz, 420-470MHz, 820-960MHz, 1260-1300MHz

It will radiate but will not be optimal in areas outside of that. For
this wide a bandwidth you could also look into a discone antenna. Radio
shack and some other companies carry them.

Matt

On 01/15/2010 12:26 AM, Matt E. wrote:

Matt
Here’s a good discussion of the discone antenna:

http://www.northcountryradio.com/Articles/discone.htm

On 01/14/2010 02:52 PM, Veljko P. wrote:

Hi Matt,

Is there an approximate release date for USRP2 driver?

Also, which type of antenna do you suggest for the WBX.

Also, the Vert900 will cover 800-1000 MHz and 1600-2000 MHz very well.

Matt

It amazes me how much people will pay for a piece of FR-4 and an SMA
connector.

-Mark

Another antenna to look at.

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=LPY41