Watir or selenium

Hi,

I’m searching any info of comparing Watir and Selenium.

I have found a lot of usefull links&tips on the internet, but if you
have some recent comparison of these two let me know.

Many thanks,
E.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 06:59, Erika [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I’m searching any info of comparing Watir and Selenium.

I have found a lot of usefull links&tips on the internet, but if you have some recent comparison of these two let me know.

Many thanks,
E.

I’m afraid that you’re not going to find any comparisons of the two,
since they solve two completely different (and incomparable) problems.

Waitr can be compared to autotest. It is a means to automate the
running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

Selenium is a testing framework/language. I guess it could be
compared to Cucumber, and similar projects, but none of these can be
compared to Waitr/autotest.

The two can be used together, but one cannot replace the other, if
that’s what you’re looking for.

-Jacob

2009/10/27 Jacob H. [email protected]:

Waitr can be compared to autotest. It is a means to automate the
running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

Sounds more like Watchr (GitHub - mynyml/watchr: Modern continuous testing (flexible alternative to Autotest)) to me. I
imagine Erika is referring to Watir (http://watir.com/).

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Jacob H.
[email protected]wrote:

Forgive me for being naive, but I really can’t fathom this analogy,
especially the comparison of Watir to autotest.

Can you go into depth a bit more? I see immense overlap in what Watir
and
Selenium do, and don’t really understand the distinction you’re trying
make here.

I see them both as automated functional testing frameworks for web
applications. Apparently you disagree?

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:02, Tom S. [email protected] wrote:

2009/10/27 Jacob H. [email protected]:

Waitr can be compared to autotest. Â It is a means to automate the
running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

Sounds more like Watchr (GitHub - mynyml/watchr: Modern continuous testing (flexible alternative to Autotest)) to me. I
imagine Erika is referring to Watir (http://watir.com/).

Yup, my bad. Far too long of a day at work :-\

Hi,

Yes I was referint to watir (www.watir.com) and selenium
(www.seleniumhq.com).