WATIR on IronRuby?

Does any form of WATIR run on IronRuby? What I’ve seen in my searches
to date doesn’t look encouraging, but that information could be out of
date.

If a form of WATIR can run on IronRuby, how difficult is it to build
IronRuby itself completely from source? I have run into problems trying
to get Ruby or JRuby entirely built from source on Windows, and that is
a show-stopper for my project, so I am hoping IronRuby would work
instead.

Thanks!
rcs

Hello,
I’ve used WatiN in the past. Take a look
http://watin.org/

Pascal

It’s not difficult to build IronRuby from source - you simply check out
the code from github, and either compile the visual studio solution, or
run a bat file from the command prompt

Orion E. | Technical Leader
PHONE +64 7 838 9800 | EMAIL removed_email_address@domain.invalid | WEB
www.gallagher.co

From: “Richard S.” removed_email_address@domain.invalid
To: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Date: 08/03/2014 01:39 a.m.
Subject: [Ironruby-core] WATIR on IronRuby?
Sent by: removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Does any form of WATIR run on IronRuby? What I’ve seen in my searches
to date doesn’t look encouraging, but that information could be out of
date.

If a form of WATIR can run on IronRuby, how difficult is it to build
IronRuby itself completely from source? I have run into problems trying
to get Ruby or JRuby entirely built from source on Windows, and that is
a show-stopper for my project, so I am hoping IronRuby would work
instead.

Thanks!
rcs

Ironruby-core mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

This e-mail is confidential and may contain information subject to legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please advise us of
our
error by return e-mail then delete this e-mail and any attached files.
You may not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way.

The views expressed in this e-mail may not be those of Gallagher Group
Ltd or subsidiary companies thereof.

Also don’t forget there is WATIN for .NET, may be it would be an easier
alternative.

And Hanselman recently wrote about
Canopy,http://www.hanselman.com/blog/NuGetPackageOfTheWeekCanopyWebTestingFrameworkWithF.aspx,
a similar thing.